10 month contract - Portsmouth, Hampshire|
Our client is a leading aerospace company that work on high-value Earth Navigation Space Mission solutions. They are seeking a contract Software Quality Engineer to join their team in Portsmouth.
The successful candidate will have with a proven ability of software engineering and quality assurance on projects that develop and procure highly-reliable real-time embedded software to formal standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY TASKS
The responsibilities of the role are as follows:
Typical tasks will include:
- Provide Software Quality Assurance support for the procurement of Satellite Payload and Ground Control System software in an influential role within the Project team.
- Control, manage and report on the assigned Work Packages for the project.
- Perform Software Quality Assurance activities supporting suppliers through full lifecycle to produce high value software product in project timescales.
- Provide support to the Project PA Manager and interface with Customer representatives, as required
REQUIRED PROVEN ABILITY / KEY SKILLS
- Assessment of the processes and the quality of the software product through inspections, reviews, audits, collection and analysis of metrics. Chair and/or support reviews (e.g. PDR, CDR, TRR, TRB, DRB). Approval of all project documentation.
- Management of the interface with subcontractors on software quality matters. Perform subcontractors' assessments as necessary.
- Monitor the implementation and verification/validation of requirements for compliance.
- Witness testing and management of non-conformances, corrective and preventative actions to closure.
- Control formal Acceptance and check deliveries.
- Management of the interface with the internal and/or external Customers on software quality matters. This will involve direct negotiations with Customers as necessary.
- Making the status of the product and process quality visible to all stakeholders, including the independent Quality management line, via regular reporting and with Quality Metrics.
- Strong software quality and / or engineering background to formal standards
- Exposure to real-time, embedded, mission-critical software; space or aerospace
- Analytically minded / strong problem solving skills
- Fully conversant with the requirements of ISO 9001:2000
- Familiarity with TickIT
- Good communication skills (verbal & written)
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).