Thales is a global leader in cyber security products and services. Over 1,500 highly qualified cyber security experts handle national security in 50 countries, and critical information systems for over 100 clients. 80% of the largest banks, energy and aerospace organisations around the world rely on security delivered by Thales.|
With over 40 years of experience in Information Assurance and Security, Thales has an unrivalled understanding of the range of threats that UK and Global businesses and organisations face.
Thales Group aims to grow to €20bn revenues by 2020, with 20% of revenues coming from services. This approach requires the individual teams within Thales Cyber & Consulting (TC&C) to support the development and delivery of a consulting-led, client focussed expansion into each of Thales’ key markets – Defence, Security, Transport, Space and Aerospace.
Primary Purpose of the Role
As a consultant within the Business Analysis & Change practice, you have the opportunity to help clients across a variety of exciting domains, spanning defence, government, critical infrastructure, digital transformation, and unmanned & autonomous systems. Our consultants offer a range of value-add skills in these contexts, from initial problem scoping & strategy formulation, down to solution creation & evaluation through the application of innovative tools & techniques.
- Develop client relationships, gaining trust and respect.
- Work closely (on your own and as part of a small team) with clients undergoing significant organisational change and to add immediate and tangible value.
- Expertly and meaningfully apply a variety of traditional and contemporary change management frameworks and techniques to a client’s situation to support the design, planning and delivery of change.
- Scope and win additional business, writing and supporting bids as required.
- Undertake additional tasks to support the successful running of the Consultancy Practice.
- You enjoy the challenge of being thrown in at the deep end and making sense of complex and often emotionally charged situations.
- You will be familiar with business change initiatives, ideally both in smaller, more agile, technology led companies and also larger bureaucracies.
- You will have consultancy experience and be comfortable with the highs and lows of life as a consultant.
- You will be business minded with a clear understanding of the importance of the bottom line.
- You will have outstanding presentation skills, equally able to articulately get your point across in a 2 minute brief as in a long technical report.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified to degree level with relevant post graduate qualifications, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of the HR implications of change (including TUPE and Organisational Design).
- Working knowledge of project / programme management methodologies.
- Working knowledge of training design and delivery techniques.
- Knowledge of Benefits Realisation / Earned Value Management and other value related techniques.
- Membership of a relevant professional body such as the CIPD.
- Skilled at facilitating meetings.
Values & Behaviours
- Delivering on promises; deliver results.
- Creating a sense of urgency and excitement; supporting change for the better.
- Focussing on the needs of our internal and external customers.
- Working collaboratively; performing through teamwork.
- Taking responsibility.
- Being honest and courageous.
- Sharing knowledge and developing others.
- Communicating to engage.
- Effective leadership.
- Full and current driving licence.
- Prepared to be mobile.
- Due to the nature of the projects undertaken individuals must be eligible to attain security clearance (SC Level).