With its headquarters in Berlin, Germany and with 63 production & engineering sites in 26 countries, 18 global service centres, and a rolling stock installed base exceeding 100.000 rail cars worldwide, Bombardier Transportation is the global leader in rail industry. |
We cover full spectrum of rail solutions - from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signalling. We offer the broadest portfolio in rail industry while also being highly dedicated to delivering ingenious products and services for better and more sustainable ways to move the world.
Join us in changing the way people move around the world by applying for our exciting role:
Procurement Systems Advisor / Team Coordinator
Located in our Procurement Hub in Cluj-Napoca, the position will be part of a newly created team that will support global procurement processes & systems transition projects and will report to the Team Lead for Procurement Performance Management & Development.
He/ She will be the central point of contact for all new business requirements, solve operational issues with the IS department and ensure implementation of new projects.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
Supports the procurement organisation with the implementation of global procurement systems and processes.
Acts as business partner on Procurement Systems related topics to the procurement organization (all levels) and Shared Service counterparts.
Supports the management of the individual performance and development of the Procurement Systems team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND CHALLENGES
Operational and Project Management
- Ensure the global delivery of various procurement systems projects (e.g. systems deployment, system process re-engineering, new systems assessment and implementation business case approval);
- Together with the team, reporting manager and/or Systems Manager, identifies and translates business requirements into IT requirement, defines transition roadmaps and constantly improves the procurement systems landscape
- Assures team smooth delivery, in line with agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Acts as 2nd level escalation agent for the area of competency and escalates issues which cannot be resolved at his/her and/or team's level;
- Manages external & internal audits, ensuring implementation of the resulted action plans.
Team Leadership and Performance Management
- Coordinates the tasks and projects allocation within the team while also ensuring that the team has all accesses and resources in place to meet the service commitments;
- Provides daily operational guidance to the Procurement Systems team based on business needs, management direction and/or alignment with the reporting manager;
- Supports the Team Lead in coordinating the individual performance and people development within the team through the PMP process;
- Assesses staff training needs and takes action to assure compliance with all training requirements for each team member as part of the employee development program.
Business Partnering & Governance
- Main interface for the Procurement Systems Manager in relation with the various global procurement systems projects ongoing;
- Acts as business partner on Procurement Systems related topics to the procurement organization (all levels);
- Ensures consistent application of all relevant procurement processes and tools while sharing best practices and lessons learn in order to support the future decision making process within the business in regards with IT Procurement systems.
YOUR EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 years of previous work experience in the area of IT Procurement Systems and Processes management or Project Management/Planning (preferably Procurement IT systems and/or processes transition projects);
- Proven record with direct and/or on a project base people management (could be small teams also);
- Background with at least 2 of the following activities: business workshops coordination, stakeholders engagement, project management associated activities, translating business requirements into IT specifications, procurement IT systems testing coordination and systems support and users training;
- Experience as SPOC or main interface for the business and other stakeholders in regards with IT Procurement systems and processes landscape definition will be a strong asset;
- At least some basic understanding of the procurement processes and of the associated ERP or IT systems/tools (e.g. SAP SRM, Oracle, JD Edwards, eCatalogues or SharePoint);
- Strong customer management (at all levels) and communication skills are a must;
- Proven resilience under pressure, ability to deliver results within a ramp-up environment and a strong drive for results will be a strong asset for the role;
- Availability to travel about 10% of the working time (mainly within Europe);
- Bachelor degree ideally in IT, Business Administration and/or Supply Chain;
- Fluency in English is a must. Knowledge of other languages will be a plus.
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative.
You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
Do you recognize yourself in the description? If so, apply now online with your letter of motivation as well as your detailed CV in English.
Join us! Your ideas will move people.
For more information about our projects and products or if you want to 'meet' with our global recruiting team, please join our career groups on LinkedIn or visit our careers website: company website