Summary: This position is responsible for supporting accounting operations in support of Tyco’s North America Installation & Services / Products / Corporate business units. This includes responsibility for, but not limited to, day-to-day general accounting, judgments with regard to the application of accounting principles and policies, financial reporting, external/internal audit coordination and participating and/or leading process improvement initiatives. |
This position will participate in refining various Accounting Center of Excellence processes, with a focus on leveraging best practices across North America and driving efficiencies to improve the monthly closing process, the monthly account reconciliation process and the work streams supporting these activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monthly close process of several accounts on various ledgers.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and supporting schedules.
- Eliminate monthly close inefficiencies to reduce process time.
- Timely and accurate reconciliation of general ledger accounts within Tyco guidelines.
- Communicate with business operations field and management teams and other accounting teams to ensure a timely close with accurate results.
- Comply with SOX internal controls and best practices and maintain supporting documentation.
- Support any ad hoc activities, special projects, and reporting requirements.
- Establish relationship with customers with emphasis on creating environment where Center of Excellence is looked to as a resource for accounting guidance and a business partner.
This candidate must demonstrate ability in the following areas:
Develop Talent – Champion/pursue continuous improvement of leadership and functional/technical skills
- Customer Focus – Build strong connection to customers with open communication and responsiveness.
- Change Leadership & Agility – Ability and readiness to embrace and drive process improvements/efficiencies.
- Inspire and Influence – Develop strong peer relationships and foster engagement/commitment in others.
- Collaborate Across Boundaries – Effective team player capable of collaborating across a dynamic, complex organizational structure.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting (preferred), finance or other business related field
Experience & Skills:
- 2-5 years experience in accounting.
- The candidate should be comfortable dealing with moderately complex accounting matters and demonstrate competency in US GAAP, current accounting regulations and internal controls.
- The candidate must have communication (oral and written) and relationship building skills.
- Experience with ERP ledger systems (Oracle, Baan, SAP, JDE) is preferred.
- Experience with Essbase and HFM is preferred.
- Experience with Blackline software is preferred.