|Job Ref:||140603BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Michigan||City:||Newport||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:47|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
Our talented experts are dedicated to managing the complexity inherent in construction projects, catering to each client's unique needs. We provide services such as program management, construction management and owner's representation to our clients around the globe.
AECOM is seeking a Senior Estimator to be based in our Newport, MI client location.
• Knowledgeable of the Company estimating systems and processes.
• Understands estimating terminology and measures and recognizes estimating processes/project actions that may impact the project.
• Participates with management in development of strategies and plans.
• Participates in analyzing and using estimations to predict key project issues.
• Assists in the evaluation of business opportunities and potential profitability.
• Understands construction means, methods, and sequences-multiple disciplines.
• Supervises junior staff through task development, establishing and maintaining goals and expectations, and documenting performance related issues and achievements.
• Identifies and develops talent.
• Actively participates in all staffing issues affecting their area of responsibility.
• Assists in tracking action items.
• This is a supervisory/technical specialist position responsible for planning, organizing, and supervising the work of subordinates under the direction of a manager or functions as a technical expert.
• Prepares or assist in the preparation of ROIC and IRR forecasts.
• May work directly with contractor to resolve technical matters during negotiation and contract execution.
• Prepares crew build-ups and production rate determinations.
• Determines construction equipment selection.
• Possesses a working knowledge of planning and scheduling.
• Understands company cost structure (overheads, G&A, insurances).
• Develops Work Breakdown Structures.
• Capable of managing the preparation of an estimate.
• Leads Project Team estimate reviews.
• Evaluates suitability of scope and execution plan for basis of estimate.
• Initiates the preparation of an Estimate Plan (approach, techniques, level of effort, cost, schedule), Basis of Estimate and qualifications.
• Prepares bid tabulations responding to the customer/Request for Proposal requirements.
• Collects, analyzes and archives project data. Develops historical documentation.
• Develops current project estimate comparisons with previous performance and market benchmark data.
• Helps prepare information for Executive Review Committee presentations.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.