|Job Ref:||140837BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||San Diego||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:47|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
Primary responsibilities is on the processes involved in the receipt and/or shipping of material to ensure items
being stowed or shipped meet customer requirements. May use anti-static devices. Reports to Designated Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
1) Identifies, examines, classifies, accepts, rejects, and disposes of material as per regulations.
2) Visual examination or use of measuring devices and techniques may be performed under mentoring assistance of
3) Able to use basic processes of inspection/examination procedures for material.
4) Able to read specifications and photographs as/if required in DLA contract.
5) Able to use blueprints, schematics, etc., under mentoring of senior personnel.
6) Load material on and off of skids, pallets, stands.
7) Prepare labels as required.
8) Able to prepare basic reports.
9) Operate tools and equipment in performance of duties.
10) Receive data from and input data to automated systems in performance of receiving/shipping duties.
11) May operate material handling equipment as assigned and hold appropriate license.
12) Count, weigh, record data, apply tags and labels.
13) Able to make preventive maintenance adjustments to related equipment.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
MUST HAVE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SECRET LEVEL CLEARANCE.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must have 4 years demonstrated experience in material/inventory management operations at the Fleet or waterfront level.
• Federal/DoD Supply system material identification and labeling requirements.
• Material packaging, handling, storage & transportation (PHS&T) requirements, processes, and procedures.
• Federal/DoD material disposal processes and procedures.
• Knowledge or experience with military specific equipment management
• Current fork truck operator's license.
In accordance with the contract, all personnel performing work require United States citizenship or acceptable
proof of naturalization prior to employment.
Specialized Experience (Desired)
• Experience with warehouse management using CMLS.
• Experience with managing specialized military equipment such as CBRD equipment, Force Protection Equipment,
Communications Equipment, IT Equipment.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.