|Job Ref:||140902BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Kennedy Space Center||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:46|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
The Estimator is responsible for activities related to estimating all the elements of project cost including labor (manual and non-manual), materials and permanent equipment, supplies, consumables and expenses, and construction equipment rental and operating costs, contingency, escalation, program risk, etc.
Essential Responsibilities include:
1) Responsible for cross-discipline application or may concentrate in one or more of the Estimating disciplines including Electrical, Architectural/Civil/Structural, Mechanical, Systems Control, Estimating cornerstone application analysis, etc.
2) Prepare or assist in the preparation of preliminary, definitive, change orders and check estimates using appropriate methods and techniques.
3) Prepare equipment and material take-off.
4) Utilize the appropriate company and industry historical data for costing estimates.
5) Prepare or assist in the preparation of project and discipline estimate summaries.
6) Prepare and/or coordinate preparation of full project estimates. Provides complete conceptual and final estimating input.
7) Participate in estimate reviews.
8) Establish and maintain cost databases and product line specific parametric analysis tools.
9) Develop cash flow schedules and estimates.
10) Prepare scope and bid package breakdowns for subcontract and vendor quotes.
11) Prepare subcontract bid analysis for scope, cost, and price.
12) Read and interpret drawings, specifications, Requests-for-Proposals and contracts.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelors degree in engineering or construction or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training and 4 years of experience in the Engineering or Construction Industry. Needs to understand estimating terminology, measures, concepts and principles for compiling bid proposals and construction means, methods, and sequences. Ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications, Requests-for-Proposals and contracts. Must understand Earned Value Management (EVMS) theory and application. RS Means estimating system knowledge required.
Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. US citizenship required for unescorted access to assigned work area(s). Must be able to successfully pass a National Agency Check w/Inquiries
NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE.
RS Means estimating system knowledge required.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.