|Job Ref:||140904BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:46|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are currently recruiting for an Engineer to join our Development Transport Planning and Engineering team in our centrally located Edinburgh office.
Our Scottish team has an established track record of successfully delivering a wide variety of projects to both local and national clients and currently comprises 13 individuals across three offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh & Aberdeen. The team is involved in local, national and international development projects with a variety of clients. The multi-disciplinary nature of the office also means that we are able to deliver project teams from disciplines wider than transportation to offer clients a true 'one-stop shop'.
Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local, national and international development projects including Asda National Highways Framework, proposed mixed use site in Fraserburgh, residential developments in West Lothian, office developments in Renfrew, site access feasibility and appraisals for a number of Renewables clients along with cycle and pedestrian improvement schemes for a number of Local Authorities.
As an Engineer you will have the following responsibilities:
• Develop outline and detailed designs.
• Obtain design information from sub-consultants.
• Produce detailed design information including calculations and design sketches.
• Liaise with CAD Technician for production of drawings.
• Prepare technical reports and send detailed design information to external parties.
• Formulate the project specifications for construction.
• Respond to queries resulting from the tender process.
• Attend site during construction phase if necessary to ensure construction is in accordance with specifications/drawings.
• Carry out risk assessments and provision of design information for Health and Safety.
• Proven experience in development engineering.
• Experience of delivering technical challenging development projects.
• Experience of scheme development at both outline and detailed stages.
• Experience in design development of pavement, road links, junctions (priority, roundabout and traffic signal), pedestrian & cycle improvement schemes, car parking and surface water drainage.
• Experience in use of ground modelling packages eg MX, Civils 3D & PDS.
• Experience in use of Windes.
• Experience in use of vehicle swept path appraisal and computer packages.
• Experience in Road Construction Consent applications.
• Understanding of Design Guidelines (DMRB and Local Roads authority).
• Experience in site supervision of infrastructure works.
• Understanding of Health and Safety requirements.
• Degree educated or equivalent in Civil or Transportation Engineering or similar.
• Graduate membership of ICE or IHT with progress made towards Chartership status.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.