|Job Ref:||140906BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:46|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at ;NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Transport Planner to join our Development Planning team in our centrally located Birmingham office.
AECOM are currently expanding their Development team in the West Midlands following several major project wins. The Birmingham office has an established track record of successfully delivering a wide variety of projects to both local and national clients. Our modern office is based in the City Centre and accommodates a multidisciplinary team both across the transportation disciplines and the wider AECOM offer.
The team is involved in local and national projects with a variety of clients. Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local and national development related projects. A selection of our current and recent projects includes highway design and site assistance for Jaguar Land Rover, Birmingham City Council, Highways England, the Homes and Communities Agency and a variety of housing developers.
As a Principal Transport Planner your responsibilities will include:
• Lead one of our Development Planning teams and will be responsible for line management, project management and business development.
• Successfully run and manage Development and Transport Planning Projects.
• Provide high quality advice to clients on transportation matters and identify solutions to their issues.
• Deliver project work within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
• Monitoring financial status and progress of projects to ensure delivery on time, to budget and to Client's satisfaction.
• Business development and promotion of AECOM's Services.
• Working to objectives both financial and technical.
• Establishing strong working relationships with other internal teams within AECOM's transportation division.
• Significant experience of transport planning in directly related fields.
• Ability to deliver transport planning solutions, look after a team of professional staff as well as successfully run projects.
• A good all round technical knowledge of all aspects of transportation planning for developments from strategic appraisal through to transport assessments and traffic engineering.
• Understanding of and experience of working in the Planning Regulatory framework, and knowledge of planning and transport policy as applied to development.
• A proven record of delivering a range of projects within the transport sector.
• The ability to secure work and develop business with clients.
• A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills.
• Degree educated in a Transportation Planning related subject or equivalent.
• Chartered status with a relevant professional organisation such as CILT, CIHT or TPS.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.