Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
- To effective supervise local yard operations to ensure that targets are met/exceeded.
- To manage and motivate yard employees in order to achieve Company objectives and instil a customer driven culture.
- To maintain and improve first line maintenance / repair systems.
- Ensure Health & Safety policy and procedure are followed
- Ensure that the yard employees comply with the Company's Health & Safety Policy/Procedures at all times
- To manage and maintain the Health and Safety, within the yard and to send the monthly report to the Senior Operations Manager.
- Treat all staff in a fair and professional manner
- To work with Operations Manager to set local indirect cost budget
- Work with the Admin / Operations Manager to maintain adequate fleet/stock levels to obtain optimum utilization
- Ensure the Company's Quality Assurance levels on standard of equipment are adhered to.
- Instil a customer focused attitude at all levels and in all yard operatives
- Ensure yard personnel are fully trained on all yard operations, ensuring they understand the requirements of their job roles in order to maximise job flexibility
- Work to ensure best practice is adopted throughout the operation
- Work with others to resolve disputes
- Contribute to the improvement in the image of RMDK at the local level
- Implement first Line maintenance of equipment
- Ensure adequate pictures of deliveries & returns takes place
- Carry out near miss reporting in line with plan
- Carryout TBT in line with plan
Knowledge skills & experience
- Academic or Professional qualification
- Relevant Industry experience
- Regional experience
- Previous Yard Supervisor experience
- Strong drive and commitment to succeed
- Well organised and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Able to work within, manage and get best out of team of individuals
- High sense of personal integrity
- Influential and assertive, able to get views across with conviction and not give way to pressure from others.
- Sensitive to the needs of individuals with an innate sense of fairness
- Self Discipline
- Adaptability, be ready to manage change efficiently
- Will require regular contact with Operations / Administration Manager relating to the profitability, employment issues
- Works collaboratively with senior management team to ensure that the needs of the business are established and met.
- Interacts with external agencies and suppliers as required.
- Stock Controller on fleet/stock in country only.
- Quality controller on matter relating quality standards
- All other branch employee
- Authority to make recommendations to managers.
- Can escalate matters to senior managers
- Authority to bring to the attention of any person, supplier, customer or visitor any unsafe acts or conditions by embracing the 'Don't walk by' safety culture.
- Leadership - motivates and work together with others to reach organisational goals
- Planning and organising - Organises and schedules events, activities and resources. Monitors timescales and plans
- Persuasiveness - Influences and convinces others in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behaviour change
- Specialist knowledge - Understands technical or professional aspects of work and continually maintains technical knowledge
- Problem solving and analysis - Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts. Makes systematic and rational judgments based on relevant information
- Communication Skills - Speaks clearly, fluently and give instructions clearly to both individuals and groups.
- Action orientation - Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- Interpersonal sensitivity - Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way.
- Resilience - Maintains effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure.
About the company
RMD Kwikform provides formwork, falsework and shoring solutions to the global construction industry.
With operations in over 20 countries, RMD Kwikform has the ability to provide a truly local service, backed up by significant international experience.
With a diverse product range, designed to maximise safety, on site effectiveness and lowest in use cost, matched with our engineering excellence, RMD Kwikform provides it's customers with the most effective solution to get the job done.
RMD Kwikform is a business built on people. They are what ensure that RMD Kwikform surpasses customer's expectations time after time. As we rely heavily on the skills of our people to remain successful and continue growing, our people must grow with us, which is why RMD Kwikform is committed to working towards the principles of the Investors in People Standard (IIP) in all of its companies.
For more information on our business and our products, please visit NA