|Job Ref:||Bidwirter||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Harrogate||Address:||Post Code:||HG1||Salary:||£ 35,000 - £ 40,000 per year, car allowance||Post Date:||22/10/2016 00:38|
Are you an ambitious, confident and hardworking bid writer? Do you have soft services experience? Then Randstad CPE have the perfect opportunity for you!|
Bid Writer / Soft Services - Harrogate - £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience - flexible hours, car parking and car allowance.
Terms and Conditions
Normal working hours are 40 hours per week between 9.00 and 17.30. You will be expected to conform to such hours of work as may from time to time reasonably be required of you to carry out your duties.
You must devote the whole of your working time, attention and abilities to the performance of such duties
You may be expected to spend an amount of time to visit our sites and potential clients sites throughout the United Kingdom which may involve overnight stays away from home.
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, the main responsibility of Bid Estimating Writer's role within the Company is twofold:
In your Estimating role, you will work with the Head of Business Development to cost/price tenders, comprising both hard and/or soft service elements, in-line with margin expectations of the business, using SFG20 and BICS industry standards.
In your Bid Writer role, you will assist the proposal development process to provide high quality bids on time and in an organised fashion to secure tender opportunities in line with targets set.
This is a senior post and the candidate must have a proven track record of successfully tendering for sustainable traditional FM business and to support rebid opportunities.
* Provide robust cost data for all bids, using recognized industry standards, ensuring bid compliance and ensuring profit margins are maintained.
* To develop contract winning commercial propositions to secure new business through accurate pricing and the development of unique value propositions to industry standards
* Work with the Head of Business Development to establish and implement an effective strategy for identifying opportunities.
* Assist with delivering a bid strategy that is within the constraints of the annual Business Plan and which incorporates a process where risks are identified and mitigated, incorporating contractual, financial, external and internal issues
* As requested, assume full responsibility or assist as required in putting together successful PQQ's and Tender submissions
* Gathering marketing intelligence and keeping up to date with changes in policy for Government and Local Government Departments
* Preparation of bids and proposal documents from start to finish, in close collaboration with the Head of Business Development
* Reporting on overall bid progress, using Bid Report as internal control document
Skills and Abilities
* Excellent estimating experience (predominantly soft services) with some hard services
* A high level of bid writing skills to collate high quality PQQ's and tender submissions
* Fully conversant with OJEU and similar tender portal methodologies
* Experience of assisting major bids and proposals is essential
* Experience of structured approaches to bid management.
* High level of interpersonal skills - ability to influence people at all levels in order to develop effective working relationships and achieve goals.
* Good level of analytical skills
* Good team worker, reliable and able to rapidly establish a high degree of trust, rapport and gain co-operation with external and internal stakeholders
* Results focused, self-motivated, self-disciplined and having the ability to work to tight deadlines, including out-of- hours effort when necessary
* Attention to detail, maintaining and enhancing our high standards of delivery, quality and accuracy
* Ability to liaise effectively with customers / other suppliers to define / clarify requirements and collate relevant data/information
* Commercially driven
* Ability to work within a dynamic, volatile and highly competitive market
* An amount of travelling and stays away from home may be necessary to visit tender sites and work with joint venture partners
* Commitment to quality in all aspects of service delivery.
* Commitment to equal opportunities.
* Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum guidance; confidence in taking the initiative, making decisions and consulting as appropriate.
* Ability to manage the delivery of detailed work
* Willing to be flexible and respond to changing circumstances.
* Key attributes are an ability to demonstrate a flexible and positive 'can do' attitude and to become quickly established to add value on large bids.
* Commercially astute
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress in a role with a leading FM company.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Sophia on NA.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.