|Job Ref:||84188BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Harlow||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:26|
Business Development & Strategy Graduate Leadership Development Programme. |
Location: Harlow/London, with potential rotations/travel to Glenrothes, Gloucester, Broughton and the US
Req ID: 84188BR
The Business Development & Strategy Graduate will report to the Head of Capture Management and Operations. This position will support BD operational needs from research and analysis through to pipeline maintenance to support informed decision making and ensure best practice within the Function.
Graduate Leadership Development Programme:
Graduates will start on a structured two-year programme which combines working within the Business Development function, and completing a variety of Graduate Leadership Development training sessions to develop key skills to become a future leader within Raytheon UK. Graduates are expected to be geographically flexible for programme office rotations, and also to attend various graduate training workshops and presentations across the UK and Scotland. Graduates are fully supported with learning and career development.
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, national security and commercial markets.
Raytheon Company, with 2013 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defence, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 92 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Preparing briefing materials for weekly/monthly BD functional and operations reviews
• Tracking all bookings in the pipeline and monitoring of progress against organisational objectives and capture best practice
• Generation, analysis and reporting of BD metrics and data
• Leading and/or supporting the introduction of new processes and tools within the Function
• Coordinating the international reps and consultants process on behalf of the Function
• Supporting the Strategy Team in conducting strategic and competitor analysis tasks
• Supporting the functional budgeting process
• Support to key business capture (bid/proposal management support)
• Support to the BD Executives when conducting Customer Relationship / Stakeholder Engagement Management
• Undergraduate degree in Politics, International Relations, War Studies, Intelligence & Security or similar. Achieved or on track to achieve a 2:1 or above; or Business/Marketing degree at 2:1 and clear interest in the defence industry and/or politics demonstrated through internships/work experience with defence consultancies/think tanks/government etc
• Must be interested in the defence industry & international relations
• Ability to obtain SC security clearance
• Experience researching markets, political environments and competitive intelligence
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Experience developing internal and external relationships at all levels of leadership
Raytheon Application Process (All applicants will need to follow the below instructions)
Apply on-line selecting the "APPLY NOW" button on the graduate website and following the online application instructions.
Upload a cover letter in addition to an up-to-date CV to support your application.
State on the cover letter where you saw the role advertised, or how you found out about this role.
Attach an academic transcript of your degree classification and module results if you have graduated.
If you have not yet graduated, please state on your cover letter when you are graduating, and attach academic transcripts of your 1st, 2nd or 3rd year at university received so far.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow
United Kingdom - London