|Job Ref:||38460||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Banbury||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:05|
Job Description Summary: |
Reporting to the Value Stream Manager you will have shift responsibility for managing all value stream operations from winding and assembly through to and including dispatch. When Value Stream Managers are not on site Group Leaders will assume responsibility for operations.
• Manage winding, assembly and dispatch operations on a given shift.
• Ensure daily and hourly production targets are met.
• Compile and maintain operational metrics.
• Lead pre-shift meetings.
• Ensure the correct PPE is available and being used.
• Monitor process cycle times and support where needed
• Ensure team members are following standardised work.
• Ensure TPM is complete up to date.
• Ensure 5S condition is maintained.
• Call overtime if required to complete daily tasks.
• Support overtime if required.
• Carry out team member performance reviews and employee relations activities.
• Manage recruitment, development and training of team members.
• Compile OEE data (incl. lost time/stoppage data) and lead OEE reviews.
• Assist quality team with investigating quality issues and developing and implementing countermeasures.
• Identify Kaizen opportunities, initiate Kaizen activities and support team members to implement.
• Attend any meetings requiring Group Leader presence.
• Plan team member development and maintain versatility matrix.
• Lead accident/near miss investigation.
• Stand in for Value Stream Manager and/or Team Leaders when necessary.
Job Holder Requirements:
• Experience of working in and managing assembly operations.
• Clear demonstration of management and leadership skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Experience of leading 5S and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Able to meet deadlines and deliver production targets.
• Comfortable working under pressure.
• A good knowledge of systems and procedures and a motivation to use systems and procedures to drive efficiency and improvement
• As part of the legal requirement to comply with international trade controls, Crompton Technology Group Limited ("CTG") will require all candidates to successfully complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check including criminal record checks. In addition CTG will check the identity of all employees against various government denied party lists prior to making a formal offer of employment.
Key EH&S requirements
• Adheres to UTC's Cardinal rules and relevant site specific safety requirements
• Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of themselves and that of their colleagues, raising hazards and issues to supervision where appropriate
From time to time the successful candidate may be required by the Company to perform other tasks, which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given.