|Job Ref:||31117||Employer:||WSP Group||Country:||United States||City:||Boston||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:11|
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Boston, MA|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
About the Job
We have an opening for an Senior Mechanical Engineer in our Boston office. Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. You will actively participate and manage teams in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out. WSP offers excellent growth opportunities: Many of our senior leaders started out as young engineers in our firm.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/HVAC Engineering
• 8 - 15 years' experience designing mechanical systems for the built environment. Project experience submitted for consideration should include buildings on which you have actively participated in the project from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
• Experience of the design of air distribution systems, hydronic systems, automatic temperature control systems, cooling/heating load and energy calculations, construction administration
• Strong working knowledge of building and energy codes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
• Special consideration will be given to those candidates who have successfully demonstrated innovative design experience specifically related to renewable energies and sustainable, high performing buildings.
• P.E. License required. LEED Certification is preferred.
WSP|PB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WSP uses E-verify by the USCIS to verify that new hires are authorized to work in the United States.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation