About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff is a recognized global leader in the environmental and energy consultancy market. WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff's US-based environmental consulting business offers a diverse range of services and has an enviable reputation for having established long standing working relationships with major industrial and corporate clients.
We are currently looking for a senior level environmental professional for our office in Chicago, Illinois. The position involves a mixture of business development as well as technical environmental consulting responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead the development of the Chicago-based environmental consulting business, including meeting with potential and existing clients, responding to RFPs, and developing market strategy and materials. Candidate will be a member of the WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff's environmental client development team working closely with market sector leadership.
• Work with WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff's environmental consulting team to implement environmental consulting projects, including Phase I and Phase II environmental assessments, remedial investigations, remedial actions/response, compliance, and planning/permitting. Project work may include project management, preparation of work plans, field sampling and oversight, directing subcontracted services, data evaluation, and report preparation. Projects may be located throughout the U.S, with a focus on the Chicago and Central US market.
• Assist with the integration and development of environmental consulting services into WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff's existing transportation and infrastructure engineering business in Chicago. Work with existing transportation and infrastructure engineering teams to develop applicable environmental qualifications and assist with response to environmental services within transportation and infrastructure engineering RFPs.
• Bachelor's of Science degree in geology/earth sciences, engineering, environmental science or related discipline
• Minimum of 10 years of experience
• Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a project team
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
• Self-sufficient and ability to work under pressure of deadlines
• Responsible for effective time management and effort in accordance with project priorities
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Must be able to oversee and work with subcontractors (e.g., drillers, construction workers, surveyors, etc.) while performing field work
• Valid US driver's license
• Must be willing to work outdoors in a variable weather environment
• Previous experience with Phase I and Phase II environmental assessments, state and federal remedial investigations, and remedial actions
• Certifications desired: OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training, DOT Training, CPR and First Aid Training, and other related environmental certifications
The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately.
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff uses E-verify by the USCIS to verify that new hires are authorized to work in the United States.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation