|Job Ref:||EMP373304||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||Up to £1/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:32|
Our global engineering client is looking for a Project Coordinator to join their growing team.|
Experience with Project work before
Project Coordinator provides vital assistance to Project Managers and Project Engineers with responsibilities which are inextricably tied to the success of the project. The role includes some routine administrative duties but the main responsibilities include monitoring project schedules and budgets including hours used, preparing progress reports and visual management as well as liaising with key stakeholders in Engineering Design and Supply Chain. The Project Coordinator plays an important role in milestone, risk and issue tracking as well as analysing and reporting on project progress.
This is a great opportunity for someone with some project experience who wants to develop their career further in this area. The company offer great opportunities to develop skills and grow your career.
(a) Knowledge & Key Skills:
• Experience and Knowledge of a Project Management Methodology (Prince2, APM)
• Possess excellent PC skills including the use of Microsoft Office and SAP.
• Microsoft Project and SAP Project Systems experience would be an advantage
• Experience working in a regulated industry
• Highly organised, dynamic, self-managing and multi-tasking whilst setting their own priorities
• Be able to communicate at all levels
• Excellent attention to detail
• Knowledge and experience of Engineered to order environment
• Appreciation of Design Engineering, Documentation and Supply Chain practices.
• Ability to become familiar with the role quickly and have the willingness to learn and develop to become a key member of this successful team.
(b) Essential Qualifications/Education:
• No job specific qualifications specified although a good standard of education is expected and any higher education, Project Management or Engineering qualifications will be an advantage
(c) Essential Previous Experience:
• Experience working in a Project or Engineered to order environment an advantage.
• Maintain visual management and compiling monthly reports through:
a. Monitoring project schedules/Milestone Adherence
b. Tracking Risk and Issue logs
c. Analysing Open/Closed Action lists
d. Tracking Punch List closure.
• Generating and monitoring Change orders
• Closing out manufacturing orders, ensuring that over issued and excess components are managed.
• Maintaining ‘Project Library’ repository of standard documents and work instructions
• Assist maintaining SAP Project Systems data - hours booked, Percentage of Completion
• Translate ordering requirements from Design Bill of Materials to Project Control Document for subsequent loading into SAP by Supply Chain.
• Producing transmittals and shipping instructions for Pall logistics, Pall Sales and the Customer
• Coordinating customer visits for Factory Acceptance Tests maintaining FAT/SAT punch lists
• Assist Project Managers & Engineers in closing internal action items of matrix project teams in supporting departments
• Support Project Managers & Engineers closing their own action items
• Supporting kick off, pre-build, pre FAT and lessons learned meetings
• Publishing weekly overview schedules of Projects
• Publishing daily backlog and new order reports.