Your ideas move people. |
At Bombardier, our employees on five continents work together to move the world forward, one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we will provide you with an environment where it can grow into a unique product or an exceptional customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Data Analyst, Special Investigation
Based in Dorval, you will support the Corporate Audit Service and Risk Assessment (CASRA) and Special Investigation departments by providing services that will include detecting, preventing, and deterring fraud and abuse. You will be responsible for conducting analysis and research utilizing algorithms and tools to monitor, address potential fraud and abuse, and identifying overall vulnerabilities.
In your role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Query and mine large data sets to identify patterns and trends that are indicative of potential fraud and abuse using traditional as well as predictive/advanced analytic methodologies;
- Provide on-going fraud and abuse data, tool and analytics support to investigators and internal audit staff;
- Develop specifications and extract data for data requests from all data sources;
- Conduct quality checks on data by performing record counts, gap checks, duplicate checks, and other quality assurance tests of data;
- Provide ongoing data analysis support as needed, including the development of scripts, algorithms, views, tables, databases, and spreadsheets;
- Provide and prepare exceptions reports and summarizes findings to the management staff and business partners;
- Performs other functions and transversal tasks as assigned.
As our ideal candidate,
- You will have 3 to 5 years of experience in data analysis including at least 2 years of experience with ACL in a commercial crime investigations and/or forensic accounting environment;
- You will have a University degree in finance, accounting, business administration, information technology, computer science or related field;
- You have excellent analytical ability and business acumen to collect multiple sources of data and draw conclusions;
- You have the ability to learn new tools with minimum guidance and work independently;
- You mastered analytical tools and spreadsheets including ACL, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access;
- You do demonstrate the ability to meet and exceed project deadlines while producing high quality products.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer.
If this position interests you, please apply online at company website.
We thank all interested candidates; however, only those selected will be contacted.
File Ref. Number: S-CAN-1082
Posted on August 18, 2016