|Job Ref:||141012BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Pennsylvania||City:||Pittsburgh||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:09|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
AECOM is seeking a Research and Development Scientist 3 for our Pittsburgh, PA location.
1) The R&D support shall be provided by a candidate with a degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent area.
2) The candidate should have a publication record associated with shale gas geochemistry.
3) The candidate should have research experience in CO2 storage and enhanced geothermal systems.
4) The candidate should have experience with developing clean laboratory techniques and performing isotope analyses using the Neptune Multicollector ICP-MS instrument.
5) The candidate should have direct experience field sampling for fluid geochemical analysis at CO2-enhanced oil recovery sites, and shale gas field sites.
6) The candidate should have knowledge of geochemical modeling and Bayesian analysis.
7) The candidate will provide R&D support to NETL-URS Carbon Storage staff. The support will be to provide broad based technical support for geochemistry.
8) An update will be due by the end of each month briefly describing the accomplishments from that month and the next month's forecast. Also, the applicant will include the relevant status of patents, publications or presentations. Reported information concerning publications and presentations shall include full title, author listing and journal or society name.
9) An update will be due by the end of the quarter briefly describing that quarter's accomplishments.
10) The candidate will participate in group meetings. Group meetings are designed to allow the applicant to discuss current research and promote discussion with fellow Carbon Capture researchers. Group meetings occur every week. The manager will request the applicant to provide a PowerPoint presentation for group meetings. The frequency of these presentations is generally once every 6 months but can occur at a higher rate.
11) This position will require extensive interface with customers and potential collaborative partners, so excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The complexity of information to be managed will require excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
Bachelors degree and 5 years of job-related experience in biology, chemistry, economics, geology, physics, mathematic or related scientific field or a Masters degree or equivalent. Excellent communications and analytical skills, working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs. Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a security clearance.
Ph.D. Degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent area.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.