|Job Ref:||CHRFLM79||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sandwell||Address:||Post Code:||B71||Salary:||£ 38,000 - £ 40,000 per year, car / allowance||Post Date:||21/10/2016 00:31|
Logistics Manager required on a permanent basis to join an industry leading automotive business.|
Do you have a passion for logistics and supply chains? Have you got a background of working in a fast paced automotive manufacturing environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the role for you!
You will have a specific focus on Logistics / Delivery Support and will line manage a small team of Logistics Operatives/Analysts and will hold the following principal responsibilities;
* 100% on time delivery to all customers
* Manage a varied Team of Logistics Analysts / Goods In - Out
* Manage departmental budget providing monthly report detailing spend and an annual cost cutting report
* Achievement of Company financial targets: stock turns, premium freight etc
* Provide comprehensive efficient logistic support to all areas of the business
* Provision of resource for both divisions where existing knowledge and experience will assist with program management
* Provide business solutions resultant from customer model year upgrades and changes to the supply base
* Fully conversant with materials planning and master Bills of Material
* Assist with projects as directed on an as required basis
* Uphold the standards of TS16949
* Improve stock record accuracy
* Support program management providing cost details for business quotes
* Must have proven progressive experience in similar role
* Must have experience of working in materials/purchasing department, preferably with a background in expediting or planning
* You will have previous experience of working within Automotive supplier or OEM or similar.
* Excellent IT skills
* Understanding of JIT / Lean / Manufacturing
* Knowledge of MRP PCS / NAV 13
* Preferred: HNC or equivalent in Logistics /Dispatch / business studies or a purchasing qualification
* Warehouse management systems and logistics planning knowledge
* Strong People Management Skills
* Ability to thrive in a high pressured environment
You will need to be flexible, dedicated, hard-working and passionate about what you do. In return, you will be joining one of the most exciting UK manufacturing firms in the region with great development opportunities, further training support available and the opportunity to work in a rewarding and stimulating workplace.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.