|Job Ref:||ADGE201646||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wakefield||Address:||Post Code:||WF2||Salary:||£ 60,000 - £ 70,000 per year, Car, Bonus Scheme, Pension||Post Date:||21/10/2016 00:31|
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and senior Business Development Manager with a leading civils contractor. They are looking to appoint a Business Development Manager for the North with experience across civil engineering with the ability to lead and manage the business development function across the region.|
This is an extensive role with an established civil engineering contractor with specialist earthworks and remediation capabilities. They operate in three regions across the country, South and North, with the North being divided into England and Scotland. This post is to cover the operations in North of England with the region stretching from the Midlands to the border with Scotland. Occasional support in the Scottish region may be required. The region has a turnover of circa £30M.
* Excellent salary
* Clear opportunities for career progression
* Bonus Scheme
* Company Car/Car Allowance
* The post holder will be a key internal team member and outward facing representative of the Group and must be able to represent and articulate, not only the activities of regional construction operations but also of the entire Group.
* The post-holder will work closely with the Pre-construction Director and also the regional Operations Director.
* The job is a full time role.
* The projects undertaken in the region are complex and involve many facets of the business. They are targeted to maximise success and returns and make best use of our specialist resources.
* The region has a strong order book however the role will involve the improvement of the client base to provide opportunities for growth in the targeted sectors. The Board have set a target of 15% year on year organic growth for the whole business.
* The role offers significant potential to influence business success and for career progression.
* Develop and maintain positive relationships with key clients.
* Maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of relevant Regulations within the Civil Engineering Sector.
* Research market data and utilise database and construction media to support the development and review of the Business Development Strategy.
* Identify and qualify leads on targeted schemes and clients in order to develop a pipeline of future business opportunities.
* Take responsibility for the completion and on time submission of pre-qualification questionnaires, invitations to tender and supplier questionnaires.
* Liaise with and support the engineering and estimating teams within the tendering process.
* Represent the Company at Client meetings and delivering company presentations with the aim of creating an awareness of the company's capabilities and to secure submitted tenders.
* Attending networking events to improve company visibility.
* Regularly visit sites to keep an up-to-date project book with live data.
* Provide detailed monthly reports on performance, meetings, market trends, pipelines and other related performance criteria.
* Produce detailed monthly reports on regional BD activity for presentation to the Group Preconstruction Director.
* HND or Degree qualified and career oriented.
* An ability to support and contribute to the regional business strategy and direction.
* Expertise in business development and marketing methods and techniques.
* Exceptional communication skills.
* Significant experience within a relevant Business Development role gained within the civil engineering/construction sector.
* Thorough understanding of civil engineering and construction markets.
* Computer literate - competent user of Microsoft Office packages (Word / Excel / PowerPoint).
If you're interested in the role or just an initial discreet coversation then please feel free to get in touch!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Business Development, Civil Engineering, Highways, Rail, Infrastructure, Mining,
qualification HND or Degree qualified and career oriented Significant experience within a relevant Business Development role gained within the civil engineering/construction sector