|Job Ref:||LM180816||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£ 25,000 - £ 35,000 per year, package||Post Date:||21/10/2016 00:31|
My client are a privately owned regional house builder based in Southampton that specialise in the development of mid-high end housing throughout Hampshire and West Sussex. |
They are currently recruiting for a Land and Planning Manager to join their existing land team. This candidate will report directly into the Land Director and will aid in the whole process from land acquisition through to the completion and hand over. They are looking for an experienced individual with at least 2 years experience working within the land department, ideally for a national house builder but not essential. Due to the level of experience required the client have stated they would be looking to pay between £25k - £35k + £6k car allowance + bonus (based on individual site profit) + pension + BUPA.
* Research and investigation regarding site ownership, planning issues etc.
* Financial appraisal of development opportunities.
* Preparation of schedules of accommodation.
* Attendance at meetings with both professional consultants and agents/owners together members of internal staff and Local Authorities.
* Undertaking bespoke research relating to sales prices.
* Identification and analysis of solicited development opportunities.
* Fostering working relationships with land agents to procure sites.
* Preparation of land handover report to technical/construction departments for preparation of working drawings.
* Consultation and negotiations with Local Authority, internal team members and external consultants culminating in the preparation and submission of full planning applications.
* Monitoring and managing application/appeals process and attending meetings with Planners and Planning Committee with reference to submitted applications.
* Preparation of financial appraisals at offer, planning and acquisition stages for circulation to Directors.
* Appoint Architects and external Consultants, and negotiate suitable scale of fees, (agreed by either Managing Director or Land Director).
* To keep accurate records of all the sales, legal, technical and general background information used as basis for acquisition.
* To prepare and keep updated files on all land available and sales activity within a defined geographical area.
The client operate a 2 stage interview process, the 1st being with the Land Director and the 2nd being with the Managing Director. If this opportunity is of interest please apply now or contact me on NA.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Land Manager, Land Buyer, Residential, New Build, Housing, South Coast, Hampshire,