|Job Ref:||PE-3863||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£ 50,000 - £ 60,000 per year, Package||Post Date:||22/10/2016 00:38|
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an established, successful and exciting main contractor. Our client is looking to recruit a Project Engineer who would be technically responsible for a construction/civil engineering projects in the Manchester/North West area. They would manage and supervise between 2 and 4 Senior Engineers.|
About the Client:
Our client is a privately owned, internationally focussed engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities spanning the entire client value chain. They operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the worlds most prestigious public and private organisations
* Contribute to the achievement of the groups safety targets and zero tolerance of unsafe working practices and occurrences
* To establish and implement site systems and controls consistent with company standards and project requirements including, quality systems and the project engineering standards
* To identify temporary works requirements and produce or manage the production of detailed and accurate temporary works designs
* To produce non conformance reports and contribute to the close out of non conformance
* To ensure trace ability of all works in terms of their compliance to specification and self certification requirements
* To manage the process of close out of all contract documentation, sign off of all QA documentation and the preparation of a Health and Safety file
* To recruit, deploy and assess the site engineering staff required to deliver the programme of work
* To secure materials and plant necessary to meet specifications and planned programme of work
* To contribute to the increasing use of demand fulfilment and the optimisation of field production in line with project flow
* To ensure the production and communication of risk assessment and methods statements to the site supervision
* To prepare short term programmes for temporary works design procurement and section of works
* To provide technical reviews of services, products and subcontracts within the section/ project
* To ensure second tier suppliers quality plans are in place are inspected approved and reviewed
* Awareness of Environmental issues within the construction company environment and the Environmental Manual policy and objectives
* Team leadership and management skills
* Effectively communication skills, both orally and in writing.
* Working knowledge of statutory and contract law in relation to employment.
* Technically familiar with an extensive range of construction materials and products
* Thorough understanding of Health and Safety regulations and legislation
* Ability to control and reduce health and safety risks and manage commercial risk.
* Thorough understanding of CDM regulations.
* Knowledgeable in how to assess different load conditions
* Assertiveness and confidence to stop any operations that appear unsafe or contrary to good engineering practice
* Be able to use standard computer software packages (Word, Excel, e mail, Document Control Systems) and proprietary computer packages for carrying out designs and producing programmes.
* Detailed knowledge of the costs of labour, plant and material
* Knowledge of COINS
About the requirements:
* You must have a degree in Civil Engineering (or similar)
* Have at least 5 yrs experience as a Site Engineer/Senior Engineer/Project Engineer
* Able to set out without supervision with the use of EDM, Total Station,
* Good management skills and paperwork to be in order.
* Ability to manage major sub-contract packages of work, in particular those with a high technical / engineering input with respect to H&S, programme, cost and quality.
* Knowledge in particular of but not limited to: installation of building envelope cladding, roofing, glazing and curtain walling systems; waterproofing systems; screeds & non-concrete superstructure solutions
This role is open to receiving applications over the next three weeks. Within a week of the closing date, appropriate applicants will begin a three stage interview process, after which shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the final stage of the interview process.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career by joining an established organisiation with a strong commitment to it employees then this if you.
Apply today; Contact James Gallacher on NA or NA Email:
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.