|Job Ref:||HH332452||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£ 45,000 - £ 55,000 per year, Car Allowance||Post Date:||22/10/2016 00:38|
West Midlands Based Council is looking for an experienced Energy Manager to be at the forefront of delivering the clients Energy and Utilities Strategy. |
As a Strategic Contracts Manager for Energy & Utilities, the roles' primary responsibility is to implement the Council's Utilities Strategy. The Council operates a portfolio of 2,400 sites with an annual utilities bill of circa £24m. This strategy aims to reduce these costs by smart energy purchasing, minimising consumption and maximising local production of renewable utility commodities, power and fuel. This will be achieved through;
* Monitoring and targeting of utility consumption, emissions and cost;
* Implementation of efficiency measures to reduce consumption
* Implementation of renewables measures in a way that improves organisational resilience
* Effective Contract Management of its supply chain and optimising energy procurement supported by invoice verification and data analysis.
The successful applicant will already be an experienced energy or utilities professional ideally from within the Utilities industry with a proven track record in delivery of the above. Knowledge of the utilities industry and energy purchasing in the wholesale market is essential. Ideally the candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills with a strong relationship management focus, capable of developing and implementing business cases \ solutions to deliver the strategy. The role requires excellent leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills coupled with any eye for detailed analysis and commercial focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* To lead on contract management, commerciality and compliance, developing and promoting strategies, policies and procedures to drive continuous improvement and achieve optimal performance.
* Implement contract management plans and effective supplier performance management tools and techniques.
* To ensure contingency plans and risk plans are in place and manage risk effectively.
* To lead on developing, monitoring and managing defined performance standards, service level standards and KPIs.
* To work with stakeholders and service users to build understanding of changing business needs and to advise on effective contractual arrangements, service level standards and KPIs.
* Undertake market place benchmarking in appropriate industry related areas provision and advise on best practice industry performance.
* To manage changes to contracts, service level standards and KPIs including financial and legal aspects
* To manage the resolution of contractual and performance issues with suppliers via the managing agent.
* Engage in and achieve successful outcomes from contractual disputes as appropriate.
* A strong background and proven track record Proven experience and track record in Contract Management ideally within a related industry.
* Contract management experience within the above fields with a track record of delivering strong performance management and efficiencies within the supply chain.
* Excellent working knowledge of the building and construction industry including working practices, methods of operation, commerciality and how to deliver best value through these contracting and partnership arrangements.
* Experienced commercial negotiator.
* Have experience of successfully dealing with and progressing contractual disputes.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* MCIPS \ Degree level or equivalent qualification.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Contracts Manager