|Job Ref:||00015738||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Houston||Address:||Post Date:||22/10/2016 01:02|
Oxy is a growing, action-oriented exploration and production company continually striving to be one of industry's best. Our success has and will continue to be dependent upon our talented workforce. We are currently looking for experienced, motivated, creative and entrepreneurial individuals to fill a position on our Subsurface Characterization team. This position will report to the Manager of Geophysics and be located in Houston. |
If your interests lie in driving aggressive development plans, while engaging in competitor analysis, surveillance and strategic planning across multiple disciplines (geology, petrophysics, reservoir, drilling, completions, operations and facilities) with the collaborative support and expertise required to deliver outstanding results, then this position may be the right fit for you. You will be part of an integrated team of highly qualified geoscientists, engineers, and technicians striving to expedite and optimize the economic recovery of hydrocarbons from some of the largest, most challenging reservoirs in the world. You will find that the project inventory, the utilization of new technology, and the entrepreneurial spirit of the team are unique in the industry, providing the right candidates with a professionally fulfilling experience. Oxy is looking for highly motivated individuals with the qualifications indicated below. If you are interested in joining a fast-paced, action-oriented team, please apply quickly for this position.
The successful candidate will apply geophysical technologies and interpretation skills to identify, evaluate, and appraise exploitation and development drilling opportunities in the Permian Basin to implement our growth program. In addition, the candidate must communicate and work effectively within a multi-disciplinary reservoir management team to technically and commercially evaluate opportunities. The candidate should have a keen desire to creatively apply new and off the shelf technologies and workflows to reservoir characterization and development, as well as reservoir/production monitoring.
• Master's Degree in Geophysics or Geology with 8 years petroleum industry experience preferred or Bachelor's Degree in Geophysics or Geology with 15 years petroleum industry experience.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in a petroleum exploration or developmental geoscience position, including experience in the identification, evaluation and appraisal of exploration and development drilling opportunities.
• Seismic interpretation experience utilizing 2D/3D seismic interpretation software to create synthetic seismograms, produce structural/stratigraphic maps and frameworks, and to integrate seismic interpretations with geologic and engineering data to help identify key reservoir benches and characterize reservoir models.
• Extensive experience in the identification and utilization of seismic attributes and seismic inversion studies, as well techniques to identify fractures via coherence, curvature, ant-tracking or other attributes, to aid in the characterization of reservoir models.
• Additional experience in Quantitative Interpretation including geostatistics, seismic inversion, and rock physics tools (RocDoc or equivalent) to produce predictive maps and volumes of rock properties from seismic data at field and exploration scales is highly desirable.
• A working understanding of seismic acquisition and processing and its impact on data confidence and the interpretation process.
• An understanding of and/or experience using geophysical methods for reservoir and production monitoring, including vertical seismic profile (VSP) and microseismic studies.
• Experience with supporting reserves estimation and petroleum economics based upon geotechnical mapping.
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information.
• Excellent time management skills with ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently and meet tight deadlines.
• Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to present work product in an effective manner; possess the ability to share information to mentor/develop others.
• Creative thinker with a desire to challenge the status quo and conventional thinking with the ability to implement new ideas, processes and technologies.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Shale reservoirs / Unconventional Play experience
• Experience in well planning and drilling operations
• Good understanding of petrophysical interpretation and modeling
• Experience using Landmark/Openworks, Hampson Russell, and Petrel software as well as DrillingInfo and I.H.S databases.
• Permian Basin experience
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status