|Job Ref:||2016-12427||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||City:||Yellowknife||Address:||Post Date:||23/10/2016 05:02|
Job ID: 2016-12427
Area of Interest: EN - Geotechnical Engineering, Soil and Rock Mechanics
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelor Degree
Posted Date: 8/18/2016
Experience (Years): 5
We are looking to hire a Civil / Geotechnical Engineer to be based in Yellowknife. The primary work will be for mining clients, but work for oil and gas and infrastructure clients is also likely. The successful candidate will be supported by Senior Golder staff from BC and Alberta regional offices. The ideal candidate would be an existing Consulting Engineer with a minimum of five years experience, who would like to transfer to the Yellowknife office, and advance their career in Golder with a broad range of northern mining related experiences.
Main Responsibilities for the successful candidate include:
* To carry out a wide variety of geotechnical, hydrogeological and geophysical investigations, including soil and rock core logging, geotechnical mapping, packer testing, televiewer logging, and instrument installation;
* On site monitoring during construction;
* Geotechnical analyses, including stability, seepage, thermal;
* Manage projects according to client-approved scopes of work, and deliver high quality reports on time and within budget;
* Promote a safety first culture; and
* Prepare or support in the preparation of technical proposals and design work packages in response to client needs.
Living in the Northwest Territories (NWT) means there are opportunities for adventure everywhere you look. Whether you love to explore the great outdoors or want to experience the unique cultures and lifestyle of the NWT, there is no shortage of options. You won't need to get out of town for the weekend to enjoy activities like fishing, boating, snowmobiling or cross-country skiing. Adventure is right outside your back door.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* A minimum of 5 years experience (post-degree) working in a consulting engineering environment;
* Currently registered or eligible for registration with NAPEG;
* Mining or land development experience;
* Desire to provide excellent client service and a commitment to technical excellence;
* Proven record of independent work and ability to work effectively within a team environment;
* Strong interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills are essential; and
* Valid driver's license.
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates;
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth;
* Employee mentoring program; and,
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for!
Established in 1960, Golder is a global, employee-owned organisation driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From over 165 offices worldwide, our more than 6,500 employees help our clients find sustainable solutions to the challenges society faces today including extraction of finite resources, energy and water supply and management, waste management, urbanisation, and climate change. We do this by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services to our clients in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.