|Job Ref:||EMP373447||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cwmbran||Address:||Salary:||£30,000 - £36,000/year||Post Date:||22/10/2016 21:31|
We are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to work for an aerospace company based in Cwmbran. |
Demonstrable experience in process improvement and continuous improvement, ideally in a similar environment
1. What are the most important things that all candidates should have – skill, experience, etc.?
- Demonstrable experience in process improvement and continuous improvement, ideally in a similar environment
- Experience in improving lines, balancing, takt rates, etc.
- Ideally 6 sigma qualified, green or black belt
- Able to demonstrate a good track record of process improvements. CV should include notable successes
2. What qualifications are essential for this role?
- HNC / HND minimum for a less experienced candidate. Flexible for a time-served Engineer
3. What industry background is essential for this role?
- Ideally from a flow process manufacturing environment, i.e.. Automotive. Flexible on this.
Purpose or Aim: To develop Processes utilizing analytical tools & techniques to enable products to be assembled in-line with production methods and targets. The role also includes working with the NPI team in order to implement new products into production.
Main tasks of the job / key result areas:
• Responsible for the Day to Day Engineering Support to the Assembly Lines
• Responsible for Line Layout design that will provide Efficient, Safe and Ergonomically correct working practices
• Responsible for control and Structuring of Production Bills of Material on the companies Baan system
• Tooling – Specifying the design for Jigs, Fixture and tooling and implementing for production
• Process – Maintaining Standard Operating Procedures and driving manufacture and process improvements
• Problem Solving – Working knowledge of A3, 8D problem solving techniques
• Reporting – Regular and timely reporting of project progress to the department and project teams via production readiness review & KPI
• Regulatory – All required statutory and regulatory conditions are being met
• Lean – Demonstrated experience ideally trained to Green belt or above
• Risk - to proactively manage project risk, mitigating as necessary
• Progress – Deliverables are being completed within the baseline time scales
• Cost – Deliverables are being completed within the baseline cost plan
• Quality – Deliverables are being completed to defined expectations, Right first time!
• SHE – The required Safety, Health & Environmental standards are being achieved
• The successful candidate will have strong Manufacturing Engineering background with experience working with project management.
• The candidate will have an Engineering Degree or an indentured apprenticeship and an HNC in an Engineering discipline.
• The role requires someone with experience of working with analytical design tools and techniques, Catia V5 and Smarteam, Lean Manufacturing and the application of continuous improvement techniques.
• Knowledge of Bill of Material systems essential to the role.
• Ability to communicate within all levels of the Organizational structure.