|Job Ref:||EMP373406||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cwmbran||Address:||Post Code:||NP44||Salary:||£26,000 - £32,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:31|
We are currently recruiting for a Trainee Technical Author to work for our aerospace client based in Cwmbran South Wales. |
Able to read engineering drawings
• This role is a new addition to a growing team. The aim is to appoint someone at a lower level, with a view to training and moulding them into the role.
• Based in Cwmbran, joining an existing team of 8
• Start ASAP
• Salary: £26,000 up to £32,000 upon successful completion of training period. The successful applicant will be offered a starting salary at the lower end of this range and will be put through a training program for the first 6 months. During this time, progress will be reviewed and salary will be increased to the higher end of the range to reflect improvement.
• The most common task will be producing service bulletins, then installation documents, and then maintenance documents.
• Successful candidate will not be assigned to a specific project and will work across the product range.
• Essential requirements:
o Must be a dynamic person with a willingness to learn
o Able to read Engineering drawings
o Good computer skills
o Process driven person
o Good problem solver
o Analytical with a good eye for detail
o Minimum qualification required HNC
• Open to applicants from a range of background / experience:
o Newly qualified graduates with diplomas/degrees in a relevant subject (Engineering or similar).
o Applicants currently working in a shop-floor / technician role with a good understanding of technical documents / engineering drawings and looking to take the next career step.
o Experienced Technical Authors with an Aerospace background and experience working in SGML / XML environments.
Synopsis: To provide documentation for “in service” components to the required aerospace specifications.
• Production of Defect Rate Analysis.
• Production of Preventative Maintenance Documents.
• Production of Service Bulletins.
• Production of Service Information Letters.
• Production of Installation Documents.