The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for handling all incoming alarm signal activities and taking appropriate action per instruction. Including video surveillance and monitoring of security equipment on-site at a large bank in downtown Cincinnati. The associate will also make outbound calls in order to dispatch Police/Fire Departments regarding alarm activities while following standard operating procedures. This role requires heavy phone work as well as taking verbal instructions, typing, reading, speaking and writing. .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolve operational, customer service and/or employee issues.
- Operate all call center equipment and peripheral equipment.
- Interact with external and internal customers via telephone, email and in person.
- Promote a positive customer service atmosphere.
- Initiate necessary action when irregular signals are received or trouble develops
- Work with outside repair technicians, guards, etc. to ensure that signals are received properly and that circuits and signaling devices are restored to normal operation
- Notify appropriate authorities and customers if alarm signal is received.
- Must be able to adhere to standard operating procedures and special instructions.
- Respond quickly and precisely to incoming phone calls
- Document all alarm activity and subscriber phone calls via PC and activity reports.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred.
- At least one year of customer service experience; in a call center environment preferred.
- Law enforcement, 911 dispatching, or criminal justice background desired.
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Intermediate computer knowledge including Microsoft Windows.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Comfortable handling potential emergency situations.
- Able to type a minimum of 25 words per minute.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and detail orientation.
- Availability to work evenings or overnights - weekends required.
- Part or Full-Time Hours.
- On the job training for 4 weeks.
- Successful completion of training module (minimum 80% accuracy).