|Job Ref:||1615991||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||India||City:||Bangalore||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 22:09|
Summary of job duties and responsibilities: |
This position is responsible for Leading and developing a unit of India Design CoE function in India. The person should collaborate with the internal design teams in various geographies such as USA, LATAM and continental Europe to provide design and engineering services. Develop and mentor the team to build required competencies in the areas of Fire Detection, Access Control, Video, Intrusion and Building Management Systems. Provide specialist support and knowledge to team in the execution of day-to-day activities, cost, and quality and customer service while leading the function in continuous improvement steps to meet a sustainable growth.
Duties & responsibilities:
To develop and mentor the team to build competencies in the areas of Fire Detection, Access Video, Intrusion and Building Management Systems
Develop strong team leaders for each of these competencies.
Ensure integrated Design and Estimation – Effective costing, Estimation and pre-design activities.
To develop skills sets in the team to provide engineering services with expected quality as a differentiator.
To ensure compliance with both global and India regulatory environment and regulations
Expertise in codes and standards such as NFPA and NBC etc
Project monitoring through resource utilization and compliance to internal processes
Standardize Design Deliverables with higher efficiency and productivity
Develop key skill and provide higher level training to team on the day to day works
Continually coach and mentor the team to achieve the enterprise objectives
• BE/ NA (preferably Electrical/ Electronics) with 14 years of Design experience of which at least 5 years should be in a leadership and managerial experience in a similar capacity.
• Experience in the fire industry is required. Knowledge of one or more of the following areas is a must: Fire detection, Suppression, Access Video, Intrusion and Building Management Systems.
• Ability to comprehend and make significant contributions to development of business plans.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to present to senior level executives.
• Entrepreneurial attitude, leadership abilities and ability to be a team player at all levels.
• Commercial savvy with an entrepreneurial flair.
• Demonstrate the ability to work effectively within and across direct management lines.
• Customer focus and service oriented.