|Job Ref:||1617384||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||Livermore||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 22:09|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.|
Senior Supervisor, Design - SimplexGrinnell
About the role:
The Design Manager is responsible for the quality and productivity of a Fire Sprinkler design team serving multiple district locations -- Work location will be in the local Integrated Fire and Security district office. The design team is responsible for all design/CAD requirements on sprinkler projects for an assigned group of districts.
• Scheduling and tracking of sprinkler projects for design team to ensure customer requirements are met
• Train, review and develop team members.
• Provide quality control on all team projects.
• Project profitability of design and CAD costs with overall focus on project margin improvement
• Perform design on assigned projects
• Manage team within assigned budget
• Deploy Design/CAD standards into district offices supported.
• Develop and maintain key relationships with district personnel
• Must develop and maintain high levels of trust and credibility with district personnel to influence and motivate adoption of standard processes & tools
• Driving change in traditional lines of business
• Direct reports located in multiple disbursed districts
• Functional Technical Skills
• Managing Vision & Purpose
• Motivating Others
• Organizational Agility
• Process Management
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Political Savvy
Rewards and benefits
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we're looking for:
• Bachelors Degree
• 5 years of experience in fire sprinkler system design
• NICET level III or IV in Water Based Fire Sprinkler Systems preferred
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Good MS Office Skills - Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel up to 25%
• Familiarity with resource planning tools a plus
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD / SprinkCAD