Operations Unit Manager |
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We have an immediate opening for an Operations Unit Manager. This position requires a focused individual who will play a key role in meeting our goals and objectives.
In your role, you will:
- Drive world class safety performance through the implementation of behavioral based safety programs and ensure compliance to all Bombardier and regulatory requirements
- Maintain a robust product quality compliance program making full use of the Bombardier Quality gate process and progressive acceptance where applicable
- Enhance employee engagement through effective communications and interactions with operations personnel and production focus teams
- Work with Supervisors and production personnel to maximize workforce effectiveness & flexibility
- Establish departmental master plans and execute day-to-day actions in support of Bombardier strategic initiatives and operational objectives
- Drive continuous improvements in operational and business processes to deliver optimal results for Safety, quality, productivity, cost and labour relations
- Develop departmental budgets. measuring and report on financial performance
- Actively lead and drive execution of the Achieving Excellence System within area of responsibility (i.e. SQPEC, Visible Leadership, etc) in line with Bombardier's strategic vision
- Establish, monitor and track operational KPIs and performance to Master Plans
- Coach, mentor and develop supervisory and non-supervisory employees in the department
- Cascade information on Department and Bombardier performance to production personnel
- Ensure timely and effective communications regarding operational issues, schedules and compliance with internal and external Bombardier customers
- Maintain a strong cross-functional focus, ensuring the team members work collaboratively to meet program objectives
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, policies and procedures
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- You have a university degree or college diploma in a technical or related discipline
- You have a minimum of 5 years practical experience in an unionized environment in a supervisory capacity
- You possess excellent leadership skills including strong ambition and desire to succeed, a strong professional ethic and proven planning, prioritizing and organizational skills
- You are able to gain a high degree of credibility with all levels and functions within the organization and regulatory bodies utilizing excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You have a persuasive and facilitative management style and the ability to assimilate, interpret and transfer information
- You possess strong computer skills and the ability to work with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at NA
Your ideas move people .