Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
We are currently looking for a plant construction mechanic or field service plant mechanic to work from our workshop based at our Interserve Site Services Aldridge depot WS98TA.
- Servicing, maintaining, fault finding and repairing construction plant machinery to ensure smooth running and performance of machines;
- Complete all work orders accurately;
- Complete all fleet records so that effective reporting and scheduling may be maintained;
- Identify and assist in purchasing parts;
- Ensure all work is to a high standard;
- Create and maintain a high standard of workshop and yard housekeeping;
- Able to take directions from Plant workshop manager and representatives;
- Work with and communicate with other team members effectively;
- Ensure that safety concerns are paramount;
- To undertake any training / skills development which may be required to fulfil and develop the post;
- To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
Knowledge skills & experience
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL unless otherwise stated.
- Would ideally hold the Cskills NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Plant Maintenance;
- Previous experience in servicing and repairing heavy construction plant and hydraulics and electrical circuits to a high standard;
- Previous experience with working on crawler cranes and generators would be advantageous but not critical;
- Experience with fabrication and welding would also be advantageous;
- Full clean driving licence;
- Experience within the plant hire trade (desirable);
- Excellent punctuality and reliability.
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL.
- Ambitious and committed to personal development;
- Able to work independently;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Strong communications skills and ability to interact with people at all levels;
- Strong written skills in order to manage own administration work;
- Undertake work in a orderly manner;
- Flexible on working hours as some unsociable hours will be required.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.62 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
We are looking for an experienced Plant Construction Mechanic to work from our site in Aldridge. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, flexible benefits, 21 days annual leave entitlement.