Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
Responsible to the Commercial Manager to provide total quantity surveying and estimating support to the Interserve Team in the Falkland Islands.
- To ensure the full and proper implementation of the Company's Procedures;
- To generate/maintain relevant records, accurate filing and support for all commercial functions;
- To prepare an estimators report identifying the basis pricing information, resources and other mitigating factors in order that the Company may make judgement on the profitability and risk associated with works, before submitting an offer to our Client.
- Prepare Firm Prices using Schedule of Rates build ups for multiple works throughout the year.
- To prepare estimates and budgets from our Client's statement of requirements (SOR's) using our estimating software "Global" or by liaising with our Supply Chain partners.
- To prepare tender and associated subcontract documentation ensuring that tenders are carried out in accordance with agreed procedures to provide transparency to the Client or audit Team.
- To provide a contract surveying function to collate all variations for compiling a projected final account summary and prepare final account.
- To prepare material variance reports to check accuracy of estimates, shortfalls or excessive material orders.
- To prepare subcontractor liability reports
- To review GMP/FF offers against our actual costs by extracting from our business management system "Maximo" database to reveal "open-book" to our Client.
- To monitor sub-contractor performance in consultation with the project managers or technical officers.
- To participate in the recording of delays & preparation of any request for extensions of time;
- To attend meetings with other stakeholders (if so delegated to do);
- Supervision of work as required by the Commercial Manager.
- To apply a neat and accurate approach in all day to day activities and to strive to enhance ones own professional capability;
- Any other duties relevant to the role and to carry out all reasonable requests of management.
What we are looking for
- Must be capable of obtaining MoD basic level security clearance. Already holding SC desirable.
- Must be capable of obtaining a work permit from the Falkland Island Government through the submission and acceptance of a valid basic police check.
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking measurements/estimating against a schedule of rates in a facilities management or construction environment.
- Experience of working on and in a MoD environment overseas is desirable.
- Experience of working on a live project, undertaking measurement and valuation functions;
- Experience of managing low risk sub contractors;
- Previous experience of working with Schedule of Rates desirable.
- Experience of processing subcontract payments;
- Experience of working for a large contractor (desirable);
- Degree or HNC or equivalent in Quantity Surveying
- Working towards professional accreditation e.g. RICS, CIOB, ICES; (desirable)
- Must have a minimum of IOSH Managing Safety or equivalent or Hold a relevant CSCS card.
- Experience of Client liaison on contract and financial matters.
- Experience of procurement strategy implementation and review to deliver demonstrable value for money (VFM).
- Experience of producing variations and final account/claims.
- Experience of stores/stock management exposure and understanding of the issues.
- Knowledge and experience of overseas shipping and logistic management desirable.
- Must have excellent IT skills in: Excel; Microsoft Project; Word; Outlook; Packaged estimating software. Knowledge and experience of using Maximo and PCT desirable
- Must be capable of passing a Company Medical and be declared fit to work in the Falkland Islands. Adept at understanding construction drawings and able to measure and take off accurately;
- Understanding of the inter-relationship between bills, specifications and drawings;
- Understanding the importance of Company Procedures;
- Understanding of construction contracts in relation to projects and of the relevance of sub contract terms and conditions;
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people;
- Able to read a construction programme and relevance of the critical path (desirable);
- Understanding of H&S issues at work (desirable);
- Awareness of dispute resolution procedures (desirable).
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.