|Job Ref:||pdc765||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||North London||Address:||Salary:||£ 35,000 - £ 50,000 per year||Post Date:||12/10/2016 00:29|
Principal Planning Officer (Permanent)|
Are you an experienced principal planning officer looking for a permanent position in a busy London borough? Then I may have the position for you as my client at a local authority in North London is looking to appoint a planner and is willing to pay around 50k for the right candidate.
* The post holder will provide high quality professional advice and direction onplanning matters for the project;
* Provide pre-application advice to developers, coordinate and process complexplanning applications, reserved matters applications, section 73 applications, section 96a applications, discharge of conditions and other relevant applications associated with the development;
* Negotiate and secure Section 106planning obligations associated with developments and instruct, coordinate and lead on associated legal processes;
* To operate as an experiencedplanning professional, utilizing specialist technical and legal knowledge of development management and strategic planning;
* Negotiate and securePlanning Performance Agreements and effectively manage projects to ensure that the Council & obligations and statutory requirements are met in an efficient, professional and timely manner.
* A thorough understanding of the development process from conception through to completion;
* Proven track record and experience of dealing with and assessing a range of major and complexplanning applications and thorough knowledge and understanding of the statutory processes involved;
* Competent and confident to lead negotiations with developers and stakeholders, influence and shape development proposals, communicate clear advice and achieve effective outcomes;
* Knowledge and experience of urban design principles and masterplanning and ability to assess design proposals;
* Excellent knowledge and understanding ofplanning policy, practice and procedures and experience of investigating, analysing, recommending and presenting solutions to planning problems to make quality planning decisions;
* Broad knowledge and understanding of London or metropolitan/regional and local governmentplanning issues, policy trends and development/legal processes.
If you feel this position may be of interest then please submit your CV as the client is looking to recruit asap.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.