|Job Ref:||190816||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£ 45,000 per year, Car + Benefits||Post Date:||02/10/2016 00:36|
Operations Manager |
Are you an experienced operations manager or supervisor from a trades background looking for the next step up to progress your career? Then you're in luck, we've got the perfect role for you withone of the UK's fastest growing privately owned FM firms.
My client, a North based hard services FM contractor with an enviable reputation across a number of sectors, is looking for an experienced operations manager from a trades background to join their growing team within their FM division, to manage their operations in the West of Scotland. We are looking for someone from a trades background with a hard services bias, who has good interpersonal skills
Their regional office is based in Glasgow, with excellent travel links and good access to local amenities. The role is to manage the maintenance on one of the firms most profitable contracts.
Main Responsibilities / Duties Include
* To develop and grow the contracts under your control by adding services and increasing scope, term of contracts, providing extra works, increasing profitability by, where appropriate, delivering from internal resources or renegotiating with suppliers, maximising cash flow, finding new customers, working with the Energy and Sustainability, Specialist Services and Projects Teams to identify and win new projects.
* To manage the contracts ensuring all contractual Performance Indicators are met, Change Notices are agreed, indexation is achieved, invoicing is correct and debtors days, work in progress and stock are minimised.
* To ensure that good working relationships are maintained with the Customer and their representatives and that all work in conducted in a manner which ensures that all the day to day aspects of the service level agreement between Engie and the Customer are delivered in accordance with the contract requirements. These include but are not limited to:
* The preparation and effective management of site budgets including monthly financial reporting, this also includes challenges on the site team to self-delivery wherever feasible, regular negotiations supported by quotes with subcontractors ensuring value for money.
* The implementation and management of a PPM system covering all assets under ENGIE control ensuring all plant and equipment is maintained in accordance with good engineering practices
* The writing and presentation of a Monthly Operations Reports coving all aspects of the contract requested by both ENGIE and Customer
The effective management of the site team, these include but not restricted to:
* Monthly H&S meetings
* Company Inductions
* Annual and review appraisals
* Performance management and personal development programmes
* To ensure that the company procedures and standards as expressed in the Company Handbooks are adhered to by all staff
* To represent the Company well to customers and external agencies, by reasonable dress and demeanor and ensure the site and all Company property are maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
* The responsibilities outlined are not intended to be exhaustive and other duties maybe required from time to time.
* Carry out day to day management of the contracts within the North East Cluster and ensure the contracts are maintained in a safe and operational state at all times. Efficient use of a team of skilled personnel to provide a safe and reliable service to all customers, ensure that the budgetary targets of the contracts are met and provide accurate commentary as to deviations from financial targets
* To ensure that the Line Manager is kept well informed of all aspects of safety performance, site performance and customer circumstances which may impact upon the safe, efficient, reliable and cost effective operation of the contracts under his control
* To become fully familiar with the contractual requirements of the Contracts under their control, to ensure that all of the Company's obligations under that contract are met
If you're looking to take the next-step in your career by joining a leading FM contractor with a strong commitment to its employees then this is the role for you, don't hesitate and apply today.
The closing date for applications is 29/09/16. Within a week of the closing date, appropriate applicants will begin a three-stage interview process, after which shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the final stage of the interview process.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Operations Manager Facilities Manager Maintenance Manager Trades