|Job Ref:||CA_38638||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Oman||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 01:10|
Purpose of Role
Our Commercial Manager would be responsible to lead commercial and contractual aspects of a Project or business Area to support operations and set strategies with the objective of minimising risks, maximising opportunities and avoiding disputes.
As member of the Project Team would be in a advisory role providing strategic input and Commercial expertise support to the Project by
• Maintenance and delivery of the stated profits and margins
• Establishment of robust and consistent change control processes on the Project/Area to ensure that appropriate Contract Price adjustments are identified and agreed with the Client
• Identify and calculation of appropriate risk and opportunity allowances and their active management
• Delivery of consistent value and cost reporting, as required for Business Unit and Project control and review
• Maintenance of cost control systems for demonstration to clients (where required)
• To work with the Commercial Director for the Project wide commercial issues including securing consistent commercial processes and philosophies, succession planning, staff selection, development and training and dispute management.
• Identification and implementation of process and/or efficiency improvements.
• To provide professional focus, identity and leadership to the Commercial Function within the project or Business Area consistent with Group wide standards and objectives.
• Support Work Winning teams, where required, in identifying and quantifying risk and opportunity in bids and tenders.
• To support, and where necessary lead, key negotiations with prospective customers, partners, contractors and sub- contractors.
• Where required, ensure a commercial focus is maintained in established and/or developing markets
• To take the lead responsibility in developing, implementing and reviewing effective commercial activity within a project, ensuring that:
• Ensure Cash Management is effected
• An overview is maintained of Risk Management processes and procedures, including acting as liaison for internal audit activities
• Contractual imperatives (duties, obligations, notices, standards, etc) are observed and discharged to protect Carillion’s position and entitlements under Contract or with Insurances etc
• A proper view is taken of periodic performance (financial and progress) per project
• To agree strategies with the Commercial Director consistent with the Project objectives and timetables
• A framework of approved practice and process in commercial activity is followed that is consistent with Group standards, the IMS and corporate governance
• In conjunction with key internal ‘partners’ (e.g. Group Risk, Legal, Pre-Contract, Supply Chain, Insurance), ensure that project/area contractual and insurance issues, including disputes and claims are resolved or properly communicated in order to protect and further the Company’s interests and relationships.
• To effectively manage the production of Project Procurement Strategy Documentation.
• To effectively manage the production of Project Value Enhancement Plans.
• To ensure the effective performance management and development of his/her direct reports, and the effective organization of everyone within the commercial activity on the project
• To deliver effective management information on commercial activity across the project, including an analysis of trends and challenges to Commercial Director