Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||38470||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Oakville||Address:||Post Date:||03/10/2016 05:05|
Reporting to the Manager, Test Lab you will perform qualification testing on aircraft landing gear and flight controls. Perform qualification tests such as strength, fatigue, retraction or component test on the A350-1000 MLG, G500/600, MLG & NLG SOF testing.
• Perform qualification testing such as Dynamic, Strength, Fatigue, Environmental and Endurance tests on aircraft landing gear and flight controls.
• Write qualification test procedures and reports. Write test rig design requirement for landing gear and flight control testing.
• Direct and assist the mechanical technician setting up test rig and fixtures as well as assisting the electrical/ electronic technician setting up load control and data acquisition system.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Proven skills in analysis, project management and problem solving
• Flexibility and adaptability to maintain tight schedules with energy and self-motivation
• Knowledgeable with test equipment use on aircraft landing gear & flight control testing
• Proven skills in leading, motivating and coaching
• Related testing experience in aerospace, automotive and/or electrical industries.
• High degree of mechanical, hydraulic and robotics design and application knowledge/experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The ideal candidate will be a mechanical engineering graduate complimented with proven mechanical aptitude, communication, analysis, project management and problem solving skills. (High level knowledge of motion control and robotic application for industrial test).
Working knowledge of high speed data acquisition system and of other industry equipment such as load control / data acquisition system, PLC and LabView operating software.
High level of understanding in mechanical, electrical/electronic systems and test fixtures using CATIA.
We are seeking a flexible and adaptable, self-motivated individual who can maintain tight schedules.
Related experience in aerospace or automotive industry is essential.
University Projects will be considered such as co-op or university funded projects.
Successful candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR and CCGP
By clicking on "Apply" you agree to answer the following questions;
1) Do you have mechanical or electrical system design/application experience during your university period as part of your credit project.
2) Are you familiar with programming /operating of load or position controller and their associated data acquisition?
3) Are you an electrically/mechanically inclined person and comfortable working with such systems and able to lay out a plan schematically?
4) Do you have knowledge of instrumentations use in experimental testing such as load, position,