WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff is seeking experienced Senior Civil/Structural, Hydraulic or Geotechnical Engineers to play a leadership role in our Boston, Massachusetts Hydro and Thermal Power Engineering Group. If you are an enthusiastic and motivated senior civil/structural, hydraulic or geotechnical engineer looking for an opportunity to work on medium- to large-scale hydroelectric and thermal power projects, while being a part of an energetic team environment, we would like to talk to you. Working as a part of a strong team will provide you with multiple professional opportunities.|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
You will be joining a strong group focused on dam safety, inspections, capital improvements and FERC related compliance for existing hydro projects. The selected candidate will be able to:
The work will consist of a broad range of civil, structural, geotechnical or hydraulic tasks including oversight and execution of the following:
• Contribute to the group's market sector growth, using your industry contacts to further develop the hydro services pipeline.
• Sell and execute technical studies, engineering and design tasks on medium- to large-scale hydroelectric and thermal power projects.
• Manage project tasks and oversee the work performed by others. You will work with a team of engineers on major power projects, supervising junior engineers and interfacing with clients and subcontractors.
• Think critically and communicate the results of technical studies to our clients, as well as their stakeholders and regulators.
• Design of steel and concrete
• Condition assessment of aging structures
• Finite element modeling experience is desirable
• Foundation design including pile-supported structures
• Embankment design and analysis
• Hydrologic/hydraulic modeling
• Hydraulic and structural design of intakes, piping systems
• Preliminary and final engineering plan production
• Drawing reviews, budgetary and construction cost estimates, specifications, site inspections and other related engineering duties; and
• Technical report writing and presentations
• BS in Civil Engineering.
• Professional Engineer's (PE) license required; active NCEES record preferred.
• A minimum of 15 years' experience in engineering focused on civil, structural, hydraulic or geotechnical aspects of power generation plants or hydroelectric facilities.
• Working knowledge of structural, geotechnical and/or hydrologic analysis software is desirable.
• Willingness to make short site trips, typically less than a week.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including writing and reviewing technical reports.
• Ability to manage small projects or tasks on larger scale projects and mentor junior staff.
• Experience in the hydropower industry and hands-on knowledge of FERC Engineering Guidelines is desirable.
• FERC Independent Consultant status is desirable.
• Candidate must be legally able to work in the United States immediately without sponsorship.
SALARY: Competitive compensation and benefits packages
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation