|Job Ref:||EMP371436||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Shropshire||City:||Telford||Address:||Salary:||Up to £60,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Service Manager required to set up a brand new site service function for leading Drives and Controls Systems integrator. The service offering will be a completely new function for the business and this person will be responsible for building the offering from scratch including recruitment, business development, organisation of service requests and building and maintaining close relationships with customers and suppliers alike. The company have an excellent reputation in the market for the Drives and Controls systems solutions they provide and this role will allow you to be part of this success, and at the same time, build your own team and have autonomy over your department. The salary range is open and includes a company car or allowance, pension and re-location support.|
Experience with setting up and running a service department and technical knowledge with control systems and drives
• To manage the team of Service and Commissioning Engineers.
• Expand the number of customers utilising commissioning, service, site audit, repair and
• out of hours facilities.
• Provide a high quality service to customers.
• Maintain the Company’s reputation as a leading edge systems integrator.
• Ensure efficient and cost-effective utilisation of Service and Commissioning personnel.
• Organisation of service, breakdown and repair requests.
• Organisation of the 24 hour telephone support system, including participation in the duty
• Identification of new customers for the Service Department, with a further view to
• expanding the facilities offered to those offered by the whole of the company.
• Identification of new Out of Hours Support customers.
• Visiting customers and carrying out site audits.
• Ensure that the department generates a profit, but not to the overall detriment of the whole
• Assisting with system testing of equipment build and design by the Project Engineering
• Comply with all relevant standards and work to the Company’s ISO9001:2008 registered quality
• To comply with all Company procedures as defined in various documents including the Quality
• Manual, Staff Manual and Health & Safety Manual.
• Be pro-active in supporting other company activities such as supporting fellow engineers, training,
• and assisting with sales and site support
• To maintain good relationships with customers, suppliers and company staff.
• Other duties as required.
Abilities, Knowledge and Experience:
• High level of experience in industrial drive and control systems across a wide range of industrial
• applications, including working in the system integration sector.
• Detailed working knowledge of variable speed drives, PLCs and SCADA/HMI, both as products
• and as used within systems.
• Effective communicator with other company, customer and supplier personnel at all levels.
• Able to manage department budgets and ensure profitability.
• Ability to work either individually or as part of a team.
Required Product Experience:
Knowledge and experience of some of the following is a requirement:
Variable Speed Drives
• AC, DC and Servo
• Control Techniques
• Siemens S7
• Rockwell ControlLogix
• Siemens WinCC
• Rockwell RSView
• Based at the office in Shropshire
• Travel within the UK and overseas