|Job Ref:||EMP373546||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Defence||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Barrow-in-Furness||Address:||Post Code:||LA13||Salary:||£22/hour||Post Date:||03/10/2016 21:34|
BAE are currently seeking a contract Project Controller to join the Weapons Systems business unit based at the Barrow site. |
Project control within defence
What you will be doing… (Role Duties and Responsibilities)
Taking a Lead role within the project control team with:
• Establishing and maintaining a Work Breakdown Structure, Organisation Breakdown Structure & Responsibility Assignment Matrix.
• Assigning Budgets & Planning & Scheduling of Activities in SAP to ensure that Planned Costs on the CSR are accurate and within Budget constraints
• Establishing & Maintaining the PMB (Performance Measurement Baseline).
• Maintaining the Forward Load within Weapon Systems UK
• Following Approval by the Project Manager & Project Accountant, managing funding release, enabling and controlling material spend and labour bookings in SAP
• Following Period End, interrogating and downloading of data from SAP and updating Project Reports including Earned Value Management (EVM) Model for each Control Account where required.
• Reviewing and checking planned & actual costs against assigned budgets on SAP for both Labour & Materials.
• Producing the appropriate reports and conducting the Variance Analysis Reports, highlighting the issues which impact the performance of the project.
• Supporting of Management Reviews in order to present to and review variances with the Control Account Managers (CAM), Project Accountant, Project Control Manager & Programme Manager in order for the variance analysis assessment to be actioned.
• Supporting the Programme Managers in the preparation of the Contract Review Packs.
• Controlling any changes which impact the Planned Costs & the Performance Measurement Baseline. This includes the implementation of Contract Amendments.
• Support to Commercial & Finance in the Project Closure Process
• Change Management
• Support to Risk and Opportunity Management
• Lifecycle Management
What we are looking for… (Skills and Experience)
We are seeking resilient people who are analytical yet practical, dynamic and entrepreneurial, and capable of taking responsibility for their own progression. Project Management are ultimately responsible for ensuring that all of the Project's success criteria are successfully delivered. Generally speaking, this means ensuring that the project is completed on time, within budgeted costs and to the required performance and quality, balancing the needs and expectations of all the stakeholders..