|Job Ref:||EMP373541||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Defence||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rosyth||Address:||Post Code:||KY11||Salary:||£32/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:31|
A contract EMC Inspector is required for an initial 12 month term with BAE Systems in Govan, this position is paying £32/hr ltd. |
Hands on experience of naval system EMC control.
Purpose of role:
- To support the EMC Integration Engineer in the execution of EMC related tasks and to support the EME Lead ensuring the EMC design is adequately implemented throughout the ship.
- Maintain the EMC Policy and related Cable Separation, Shielding and Earthing & Bonding Policies.
- Answer any shipyard generated FQR’s and if necessary update the design policies to reflect any systematic change.
- Support Compartment Design inspections from an EME in particular EMC aspect for both Mission Systems and Whole Ship.
Major Tasks and Activities:
1. Daily inspections of EMC aspects of ship construction & reporting through the EMC Integration Engineer.
2. Support the MS integration team at a variety of sites for the EMC aspects and problem resolving during system integration.
3. Maintain the EMC Policy and related Cable Separation, Shielding and Earthing & Bonding Policies
4. Answer any shipyard generated FQR’s and if necessary update the design policies to reflect any systematic change
5. Support Compartment Design inspections from an EME in particular EMC aspect for both Mission Systems and Whole Ship
Key Technical Skills
- Sound understanding of EMC principles and the use of EMC standards and qualification methods.
- Hands on experience in the development and delivery of electronic hardware and the appropriate installation leading to systems integration.
- A knowledge of EMC related UK defence standards (DEF-STAN 59-41 and 59-411) and related US standards (MIL-STD 461).
- The ability to manage support EMC problem sentencing activities to an agreed programme and budget.
- Able to present ideas and explain the rationale in both written and verbal form, including the preparation of requirement and design documentation.
- Hands on experience of naval system EMC control.
- The ability to assess systems cable schedule from an EMC perspective ensuring correct cable segregation codes are applied and appropriate earthing and bonding information is available.
- An understanding of graded compartments for EMC and TEMPEST in the naval environment.
- Understanding of RED / BLACK ship concepts and TEMPEST leakage paths.
- A self-starter, able to identify tasks and execute them without direct supervision.
- Able to communicate effectively across a range of engineering disciplines, both internally and with suppliers.