Thales teams deliver cutting-edge solutions to armed forces the world over. We are Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems. But our people don’t just work with incredibly advanced technology. The armoured vehicles we build can resist the full force of improvised explosive devices, while our avionics solutions control some of the world’s most iconic military aircraft. Together, our people make the world safer.|
We are recruiting a number of experienced and focused individuals to join the Industrial team within Thales Glasgow. This is a 18-24 month fixed term position.
You will work closely with existing team members, Work Cell Manager and Manufacturing Engineers in delivering the outputs from the relevant work cell as per the business requirements.
- Perform complex Manufacturing operations in accordance with the associated documentation provided to the quality standards expected in a timely and professional manner.
- Adhere to the defined Company processes when carrying out all tasks
- Performs self-assessment and approval of products
- Input and support any continuous improvement actions being worked on within Industry
- Be able to detect any fault or non-compliance and if necessary raise the alert. In addition when able should contribute to diagnostics and the finding of the cause/root analysis
- Manage and record build configuration of product
- Use the company tools (IBS, Palma etc) when carrying out product assembly tasks
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Ability to assemble and test product to a high standard
- Ability to perform complex electrical operations involving wiring and component soldering to IPC standards
- To have an awareness / understanding of Manufacturing processes
- Focussed on meeting deadlines with good time management and prioritisation skills
- The ability to work on own initiative when required
- The ability to work and contribute as a team player
- A basic level of PC skills
- Experience in working within an Industrial / Engineering environment is essential.
- IPC trained and accredited