Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100.000 vehicles worldwide.|
We are currently looking to recruit a Supply Chain Operations Manager
Purpose of the role:
- You will be responsible for the management of the Supply Chain team (20 people): coach, mentor and develop the team in appropriate working practices to support continuous improvement in the function.
- This position is key role responsible for all CRO site based supply chain activities including, production planning, operational purchasing, cost reduction, material scheduling, "On condition" material usage calculation, inventory management, material planning and customer demand processing. All Goods In / Out, Stores Management and material handling activities.
- You will manage the interface with Divisional and Regional purchasing network.
Inventory Management & Material Planning
Stores & Material Handling Management
- Production Planning
- Develop and implement the plan for every part strategy i.e. Kanban, schedule or discrete order, packaging type, etc.
- Maintain all key SAP parameters and data integrity.
- Validate and process all customer demand.
- Set and maintain inventory parameters to provide the optimum balance between inventory cost and service level.
- Support the S&OP process for all material related activities.
- Planning of all rotable materials and float.
- Effective management of all transport costs.
- Calculate all BOM percentage user rates for non 100% "on condition" items.
- Ensure timely receipt and dispatch of all raw material and finished products.
- Ensure all material logistics are executed in a timely manner.
- Manage the parts kitting process.
- Manage all returnable packaging loops.
- Manage fork lift trucks.
- Responsible for shop floor material presentations layout.
People Management & Other key Requirements
- Quality, Cost & Delivery performance for site specific suppliers.
- Implement supply base reduction and optimisation activities.
- Conduct Supplier performance and cost management reviews.
- Manage the delivery of site based purchasing cost reduction targets.
- Liaise with Strategic Commodity buyer network to ensure business specific requirements are delivered.
- Ensure that all H&S processes are consistently implemented and deliver the HS&E positional requirements.
- Responsible for the development of the team, setting objectives and providing feedback on individual and team performance.
- Develop and manage the functional budget.
- Experience in development and deployment of Supply Chain Management strategies.
- Inventory management and cash management experience.
- Proven track record of supplier relationship management experience.
- People management experience amd strong leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP purchasing and inventory modules.
- Good understanding of Lean and Continous Improvement tools.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong communication and influencing skills
Do you recognize yourself in the description? If so, this position could be the beginning of your progressive career with us. Apply now & join Bombardier.
Posting date: 14.10.2016
Closing date: 13.11.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37