|Job Ref:||MIBAPDCDM2208||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£ 30,000 - £ 35,000 per year, benefits + progression||Post Date:||05/10/2016 00:34|
Are you an experienced Junior Principal Designer or are you in a related field and interested in forging a career in Health & Safety? This leading national consultancy has a role for an enthusiastic individual to take charge of Principal Designer projects and work on them to meet the requirements of the Contract (Design and Management) Regulations 2015. You will be a valued member of a growing team of health and safety professionals based in Bromley.|
* Planning, managing and monitoring health and safety in the pre-construction phase, including; identifying, eliminating or controlling foreseeable risks; and ensuring Designers carry out their duties
* Helping compile Pre-Construction Information Packs and providing it to Designers and Contractors
* Liaising with the Principal Contractor to help in the planning, managing, monitoring and coordination of the construction phase
* Conduct health and safety specific design reviews throughout the design and construction phases of projects
* Undertake site inspections/audits on behalf of Clients or Contractors
* Assist with internal health and safety procedures
This role would suit someone with experience in a similar role, who has construction and health and safety knowledge, and who can manage, coordinate and advise design teams.
* Experience in a similar role or in a design or construction role
* Completion of NEBOSH Construction Certificate desirable but not essential
* Clear understanding of the legal requirements of the Contract (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
* Clear understanding of the sensitivities and specialist requirements when working on historic buildings, schools and care homes
* Up to £35,000 salary depending on experience
* Extensive and fully funded training programme and courses
* Contributory pension
* Generous annual leave allowance
* Other flexible benefits
If you are interested in this opportunity, or if you would like to hear about other niche opportunities, please apply now with your CV or contact Mitchell Barker on NA.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Principal Designer , Health & Safety , CDM , CDM 2015