|Job Ref:||26226BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||
Orlando ||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 01:01|
Black & Veatch has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Water Resources Business Development and Planning Engineer in Florida. |
Our U.S. planning and water resources business has seen consistent growth driven by our clients' needs to address challenges stemming from water scarcity, drought resiliency, groundwater depletion, climate variability, sea level rise, salt water intrusion, water use issues, and evolving reuse regulations and implementation. In Florida, we anticipate an increased demand for integrated water resource planning and design driven by population growth, sea level rise impacts on groundwater supplies and stormwater infrastructure, an increased regulatory focus on mitigating the eutrophication of spring water, and pressing water supply resiliency issues. This represents a strategic business opportunity for Black & Veatch, and the Senior Water Resources Business Development and Planning Engineer position is designed to help the company grow its market share in Florida by providing world-class planning and water resource services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Water Resources Strategic Business Development: Leverage and build relationships with key water resource planning leaders and decision makers throughout Florida
• Lead scenario planning efforts for integrated water resource projects
• Develop water management strategies (WMS) and assessments
• Provide demand and conservation assessments
• Support hydrogeological evaluations and studies of the State's groundwater systems
• Provide water quality evaluations to support the State's focus of mitigating the eutrophication of spring water
• Support reuse, desalination, brackish and alternative water supply master planning services
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 11 years related work experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• 10+ years of water resource and planning work
• Experience in a client-facing/business development role
• Experience leading project teams and executing water resource planning and design projects
• Have proficiency with the applications and models such as:
o Various Hydrologic and Hydraulic modeling Software (e.g., HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Xp-SWMM, ICPR, InfoWorks ICM, etc.)
o Water quality models such as EFDC, WASP, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females