|Job Ref:||CA_35670||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stockport||Address:||Post Code:||SK1||Post Date:||10/10/2016 01:06|
Purpose of Role
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to support various corporate and education projects of a value between £1m-£5m.
Candidate must have an experience similar role within construction sector and be RICS qualified.
Base location: Stockport.
Main Tasks and Accountabilities
1. Prepare estimates, cost feasibilities and cost plans of proposals during the initial stages of a proposed building project, to assist clients to determine the viability and financial implication of a project
2. Produce specifications, schedule of rates, bills of quantities and contract documentation (both manually and by using computers) together with all tender documents for projects either as sole surveyor or as part of an "ad-hoc" team to ensure optimum quality and value when inviting tenders from contractors
3. Re-measure variations to projects either on site or from Architects/Consultants drawings. Value (for cost control purposes and final account) and calculate and assess increased costs
4. Value the work executed and certify for payment on account at the appropriate intervals and monitor all related financial matters and prepare monthly reports.
5. Assess fire damaged works, prepare documents and obtain competitive quotations and instruct implementation of works. Reach agreement with loss assessors and advise client where and if additional monies are required
6. Use professional knowledge and skills to check and verify all claims put forward by the contractor and ensure that the client's interests are protected
7. Forecast and report potential under/over spending to appropriate officers
8. Advise various other professionals, both in-house and consultant, to ensure projects run efficiently
9. Compile and analyse final accounts, negotiate on disputed matters and reach settlement on details and total with the contractor
10. Prepare interim valuations and final accounts and provide advice on contracts carried out by other practices without QS involvement
11. Implement and ensure that all procedures are carried out in full accordance with the department's Quality Assurance system
Additional Role Information
• 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
• Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands