Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||CA_37825||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||10/10/2016 01:05|
Purpose of Role
The management of the planning for large construction projects (project size above £50m) or leading a team of Planners as instructed by the Chief Planning Manager. Working knowledge of all forms of construction and applicable forms of contract.
• Management and leadership of allocated planning resources.
• Development of staff, including PDR's, appraisals and training.
• Liaise with the Chief Planning Manager to ensure that sufficient resources are identified to support allocated projects.
• Provide guidance and motivate staff.
• Review and audit all planning processes on allocated construction projects.
• Liaise with the project management teams on all planning matters.
• Production of tender information and programmes, analysis of information produced by reporting staff prior to submission.
• Analyse and evaluate construction methods, techniques and logistics.
• Attend adjudication meetings and present detailed explanation of programme and methodology.
• Set standards, prepare presentations and attend customer interviews.
• Preparation of the Master / Contract / Managing Programme and supporting information.
• Analyse / prepare project progress positions and forecast project completions.
• Identify project risks / opportunities and participate in the management process.
• Preparation of entitlement submissions.
• Ensure that all aspects of safety are taken into consideration when planning a project.
• Maintain close relationships and liaise with other members of the Planning job family, contribute to the transfer of best practice.
Additional Role Information
Role is to join a full-time work-wining team.
Experience of working in a tendering environment and planning from first principles.
Planning software includes Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, TILOS, Synchro