|Job Ref:||160002EE||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Tennessee||City:||Nashville||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 03:08|
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs. |
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
• Responsible for reconciliation and adjustment of various general ledger accounts.
• Prepares related financial reports and statements.
• Compiles, consolidates, and conducts basic analysis of accounting and finance information.
• Assists with the production of monthly and annual financial statements and reports.
• Makes accounting adjustments through appropriate journal entries.
• Assists with monthly and annual account reconciliations and close activities.
• Examines a variety of financial statements and transactions for completeness, internal accuracy, and conformance with accounting standards.
• Prepares tables, charts, and other exhibits for reports.
• May perform less complex accounting projects or participate as a team member on more complex projects.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
• Minimal relevant professional work experience in the field of study required.
• Ability to work across functional areas, provide documentation for compliance, support intercompany transformation with testing.
• Knowledge of Sox and internal controls - how we ensure compliance.
• Previous experience with Microsoft Office/Outlook, Advanced Excel (V-look up, Pivot Tables - required.
• Oracle 11i or Oracle 12.0 Bolt experience (required)
• Experience with general ledger reconciliations.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .