|Job Ref:||16000240||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Minnesota||City:||Minneapolis||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 03:10|
Regional Sales Manager - Mid West (Remote Position) |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Power Systems Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Regional Sales Manager - Mid West. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading Technology Projects.
Thinking Beyond your desk includes:
• Responsible for all sales activities and results for a specific line of business in a given territory or region.
• Develops sales plans and budgets for achieving sales goals.
• Manages the sale of company products and services for a specific line of business.
• Develops sales personnel, customer accounts, and providing co-management and training to regional sales force.
• Establishes and implements sales plans as needed to support all target markets.
• Achieves sales goals associated with revenue and profit targets.
• Trains and manages existing sales organization dealers and new customers.
• Develops and implements sales objectives, strategies, promotional programs and ensures their execution.
• Provides reporting on forecasts, budgets, sales and distributor performance.
• Identifies and pursues growth opportunities.
• Coaches and motivates sales staff; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates works assignments considering employee skills and development needs.
• Identifies department issues, problems, and opportunities to support continuous process improvement initiatives.
• Drives utilization of Cummins tools and processes (i.e. Customer Relationship Management, Customer focus Six Sigma).
Skills & Experience Required:
Product Knowledge - Knowledge of products and product lines. Able to represent the features and benefits to sell the products. Able to recognize customer needs and suggest product applications to solve problems and create benefits for the customer. Able to teach others to formulate effective messages and represent the features and benefits of the product.
Focus On Customer Needs - Leading authority with respect to customer needs and interactions. Able to train specialists. Knowledge of competitive alternatives. Able to directly influence the customers response to those alternatives.
Account Planning - Can evaluate account plans to determine their effectiveness. Able to develop and implement strategies to increase sales and strengthen customer relationship. Able to demonstrate proper use of and teach others on Customer Market Profitability tools (such as OEM Supply Agreement CORP 04-05-00-00) pertaining to account planning as well as customer loyalty NPS tools and process.
Sales Calls - Able to formulate sales strategies, plan and conduct calls, gather information, persuade others and negotiate terms of sale. Able to teach others to apply sales skills.
Manage Customer Relationships - Able to identify contact management requirements, set performance standards and develop strategies for optimizing sales force productivity. Can coach others on the ability to establish rapport, meet commitments and develop strong working relationships with customers.
Sales Negotiations - Can coach others on the utilization of negotiating skills. Uses the Customer Market Profitability tools (such as OEM Supply Agreement CORP 04-05-00-00) that support customer negotiations. Lead negotiator on major accounts.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
Compensation and Benefits:
Base salary commensurate with experience and bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career at Cummins today.
Not ready to apply, but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .