Web Developer - Senior |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Engine Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a Sr Software Developer with 5 years working on an integrated Java development team.
Thinking beyond your desk includes:
- Responsible for developing software programs per technical specifications following programming standards and procedures, performing testing, executing program modifications, and responding to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding.
- Ensures secure coding and UI standards and best practices are applied during development. Provides input and contributes to the enhancement and maintenance of applications and programs.
- Leads efforts to configures, analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains program code and applications.
- Performs detailed and complex unit testing and secure code testing, and issues resolution.
- Drives and supports the process for source code management.
Contributes to integration, systems, and performance testing and tuning of code.
- Participates in peer secure code reviews.
- Define and promote opportunities for re-usability of code, configurations, procedures, and techniques.
- Software Development Methodologies - Able to apply industry defined development techniques to create or modify IT solutions.
- Solution Validation (Testing) - The ability to validate that a configuration item change and/or solution meets requirements defined specifications and that it fulfills its intended purpose.
- Solution Configuration - Ability to select desired options to make a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products, applications, or IT systems function to user specifications. To build a particular application or system for use in a specific way.
- Troubleshooting - Able to diagnose and problem solve issues with computer hardware or software components with little or no direction. May require ability to install, configure, or disposition of server or client pc infrastructure and application issues.
- Programming - The ability to analyze, design, write, test, debug, and maintain the source code of computer programs. This includes low-level component, algorithm, and high-level design.
Provide technical expertise in:
- Participate in Design Review sessions
- Design, Interpret, and Modify detailed coding designs
- Perform code reviews
- Lead sub-teams of development resources (contractors and employees)
- Manage development items in Rational for area of expertise
- Provide technical guidance/mentoring
- Develop objects in the areas of Security, High Complexity, and Intellectual Property
- Work with UI/UX personnel for technical feasibility (UI/UX programming experience preferred
Candidate must have the following skills and professional experience:
- Java or .Net/C# (other OOP language may be considered)
- Web Services (SOAP and REST) would be nice to have
- JSON and/or XML would be nice to have
- ESB programming (IIB Preferred) would be nice to have
- Hadoop/Big Data experience/knowledge would be nice to have
The following skills and professional experience are preferred:
- Software coding/configuration and unit testing
- Experience with SDLC process
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum or Kanban preferred)
- Cloud architecture and development experience I ntegration with Salesforce
- 3 years SQL Experience
- Linux/Unix experience (RHEL preferred)
- Familiarity with shell scripting and batch processing
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career
with Cummins today. NA
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: